Judges vs. The Drongo Brothers: An Example Of Play

We have a big preview of Judge Dredd & The Worlds of 2000 AD for you this week! Three pages, containing an "example of play". Diane, Karl, Olivia and Sylvester are playing in an adventure run by Lena. They play a group of Judges: Diane and Sylvester are Street Judges, Karl is a Tek Judge while Olivia is a Psi Judge.

Screen Shot 2017-12-04 at 12.31.15.png

Screen Shot 2017-12-04 at 12.31.27.png

Screen Shot 2017-12-04 at 12.31.40.png

The team are in the process of trying to track down and arrest the infamous perp and all round bad guy Spuggy Mullet. They are now in Rick Astley Block, outside apartment 117BF, home of the dangerous Drongo brothers. The Judges earlier arrested and questioned the eldest of the three brothers, Dag Drongo, who has confirmed the three are expecting to meet with Mullet in the very near future…

As always, make sure you are signed up to the 200AD RPG mailing list for the latest news about Judge Dredd & The Worlds of 2000 AD tabletop adventure game!
[FONT=&quot]Save[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Save[/FONT]

MarkB

Legend
Looks like some odd text formatting in the first couple of panels of the Example of Play. I think the last line of the first big text box was meant to be the header text in panel 2.

MarkB

Legend
It all looks very busy, and the coupling of identifying placards to each speech bubble as a stand-in for actual artwork to show us who's talking is both unaesthetic and cumbersome to follow. If this is just a placeholder until you get some art, fair enough, but if not, you're better off abandoning the entire faux-comic concept and writing it as prose.

Also, it works well enough as a very general concept of play for someone who has no experience of RPGs whatsoever, but it's also so completely generic and system-neutral that it tells me nothing about why playing this particular system will do a better job of portraying this setting than any of dozens of others.

GMMichael

Guide of Modos
I'll echo the above constructive criticism, but I think the comic book presentation is cool. The GM voice as the narrator bubble makes perfect sense.

And if someone could tell me what "Shoot the mouth" means...

Remove ads

Latest threads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases