X Marks The Spot: A Free Magic: the Gathering D&D Adventure

Chupacabra stats, nice...

darjr

I crit!
Over on the DM's Guild, a free 28-page Magic: The Gathering adventure by Scott Fitzgerald Gray has been released. "A prison escape for an unlikely group of heroes turns into a race for an ancient relic sought by the Legion of Dusk. Can you brave the unknown and capture the treasure before the enemy does? This Dungeons & Dragons adventure is set on the plane of Ixalan from Magic: The Gathering. It uses 4th-level characters provided with the adventure."

228662.png

Attachments

• 228662.png
    228662.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 20,033

robus

Lowcountry Low Roller
Supporter
X marks the spot the magic the Gathering d&d adventure is in the DMsguild!

I first saw a teaser photo of it from Robert Adducci at the convention he was at where WotC was handing out soft prints of it. Note the other Magic D&D setting books have also been released.

Below is my affiliate link.
http://www.dmsguild.com/product/228...ne-Shift-Ixalan-Adventure?affiliate_id=182934

And so the streams begin to draw together.... to become greater than the sum of their parts? Or an unholy alliance auguring the end times...?

Personally I think the former :)

robus

Lowcountry Low Roller
Supporter
Of course there's this:

Note: No artwork, setting, or other material from the Plane Shift or other Magic: the Gathering products is allowed in the DMsGuild community content program. See the DMsGuild FAQ for more information.

It's good to be the king...

robus

Lowcountry Low Roller
Supporter
Ah darn it! Still I want to run it.

Yep - I've got a lovely Innistrad campaign setting I've been developing for a Curse of Innistrad adaptation. But I can't share it. (It also has stuff from En5ider and other places so really it's got multiple IP entanglements but I could work something out I think...)

Hathorym

Explorer
There is a Ranger Beast Master character as one of the PC choices. The pet included does not follow the PH regarding AC, attack rolls, and damage rolls, as the proficiency bonus was not added to those. In short - it should be better. I thought that was humorous.

Check the math before you play, people.

This is the promo adventure they handed out after Chris Cox's Storyhour at PAX Unplugged - I haven't read through the whole thing thoroughly, but at first skim, it looked pretty cool.

Hawk Diesel

Adventurer
So it seems this adventure includes a Vampire player race. I have tried to reverse engineer the race assuming Standard Array Stats.

Cha +2
Int +1

Darkvision 60 ft.

Resistance to necrotic damage

Bloodthirst - drain blood from willing creature or target that is grappled, incapacitated, or restrained; melee attack (1d6 + Str necrotic damage); target's hit point maximum reduced by necrotic damage dealt until after a long rest

My Reasoning: Seems to be modified by strength. The example vampire's strength modifier is +0. So the attack could deal just 1d6 damage, or 1d6 + Str. I'm willing to bet the latter.

Feast of Blood - when you drain blood with Bloodthirst, your speed increases by 10 feet and gain advantage on Strength and Dexterity checks and saving throws for 1 minute

Languages: Common and Vampire

Last edited by a moderator:

Remove ads

Remove ads