Wizards of the Coast Completes Acquisition of TSR Inc

In a blast from the past, WotC founder Peter Adkison shared this photo (courtesy Alex Kammer) of a press release from back in 1997, which surfaced while going through some old TSR files.

In a blast from the past, WotC founder Peter Adkison shared this photo (courtesy Alex Kammer) of a press release from back in 1997, which surfaced while going through some old TSR files.

26165753_10212847325891338_5554015154017587008_n.jpg

Eltab

Lord of the Hidden Layer
And it only took 20 years to finalize the deal? Somebody's lawyer has been ripping them off for extra fees...
;)

Von Ether

Legend
Is this the last vestiges of being pure geeky? Getting excited about the history of the hobby? I mean I get a kick out of it, but I don't personally know that many others that care.

Definitely a cool thing to see. It’s interesting that in 1997, the sole pop culture mention is that E.T. scene (nevermind that they don’t mention the cartoon). These days, it’d be a heck of a different story.

One thing that’s driving me nuts is the line “Lake Geneva, Wis.-based.” The editor in me just wants them to type out the “consin” to avoid that “.-“

Remove ads

Remove ads