Kate Welch is WotC's New D&D Designer

Status
Not open for further replies.
WotC has a brand new D&D designer, and it's Kate Welch! She plays Rosie Beestinger, the Lightfoot Halfing Monk in Acquisitions Inc's "C Team". She starts work on February 2nd. That's all I know for the moment, but more info if I hear it!

amVFPaW2_400x400.jpg

[video=youtube;fRsURJf4SjQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRsURJf4SjQ[/video]
[FONT=&amp]Save[/FONT][FONT=&amp]Save[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Save[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Save[/FONT]

Last edited by a moderator:

Istbor

Dances with Gnolls
Seems like a good edition given the direction of 5e so far. I like her thoughts on character creation/roleplay.

lyle.spade

Adventurer
Cool. She seems sharp and interesting, if the video is any indication - her idea about character type choice makes a lot of sense.

ccooke

Adventurer
So, wait. The D&D team is growing now? I thought it only ever shrunk or maintained size ;-)

More seriously, this is great news. A little quick googling suggests she'll be an asset.

Sacrosanct

Legend
More seriously, this is great news. A little quick googling suggests she'll be an asset.

She seems to have a lot of experience in illustration and web design, but I can't find any experience with actual game design. I'm assuming her web design experience gives her some experience with requirements, test scenarios, use cases, etc--all things critical for anyone doing any sort of design work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases