EN5ider Playtester Club Launches With Full Gunfighter Class

We're always trying to improve EN5ider, the 5th Edition patreon, and as part of that we are increasing our playtester pool. To do that, we have created the EN5ider Playtester Club, which is every patron of EN5ider who supports us at $5 or more. We can't think of anybody better to playtest the material than our patrons, and we're launching with the full Gunfighter class!

We're always trying to improve EN5ider, the 5th Edition patreon, and as part of that we are increasing our playtester pool. To do that, we have created the EN5ider Playtester Club, which is every patron of EN5ider who supports us at $5 or more. We can't think of anybody better to playtest the material than our patrons, and we're launching with the full Gunfighter class!

Screen Shot 2018-01-28 at 13.11.27.png

We are trialling an exclusive Playtester Club to EN5ider. Anybody who is pledging $5 or more per article is automatically a member of this club.

The Playtester Club gets access to articles, adventures, etc. before publication. As we get the manuscripts in, we'll make them available to Playtesters, and you will have the opportunity to give feedback before they go to layout. These will literally just be the manuscripts, usually in .doc format - no layout, no art.

We're kicking this off with THE GUNFIGHTER full class by Walt Ciechanowski. A full character class based around using firearms, with three archetypes: Skirmisher, Swashbuckler, and Sniper.

Does That Mean I Pay Twice?
Nope. By being a member of the $5+ per article group, you'll pay for the final PDF as normal, but the playtest manuscript we will not charge you for.

Does Every Article Get Playtested By The Playtester Club?
Some might not, but most will.

How Do I Give Feedback?
We will be looking at the comments on each article for constructive feedback. We do hope you'll actually try these things out at your game table rather than just read them, but we recognise that's not always possible in the time available.

How Long Do I Have?
The playtest period will vary. Sometimes it may be just a week, other times as long as a month. That will usually correlate to the size of the item, but it will also be affected by the time it takes to get art and layout done.

I'm In! Let's Go!
Awesome! The Gunfighter class manuscript has been uploaded here. Those in the Playtester Club will be able to access the manuscript and give feedback. Thank you so much!
[FONT=&quot]Save[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Save[/FONT]

Inglorin

Explorer
This announcement let take another look at the Patreon tiers. What *is* the difference between the $1 Adventurer, $2 Guide and $3 Hero tier? Which en5ider supplements did I get ($3 subscriber from day 1, I think) that others missed? Or is this just good will and the tier descriptions can't be updated?

Zardnaar

Legend
This one might be a hard sell Morrus, and its a big ask even with good will. Its basically paying you to playtest your stuff for you and over a year it adds up to around 2 hard cover books ($8 a month to $20 a month, 144 a year). If you live in the USA that is more than 2 hardcover books via Amazon.

Not helped by EN5ider kind of going into decline with things either becoming more and more niche (Gunslinger being a prime example why not fighter+ gunslinger feat?) and new archetypes/Touch of Class being a bit underwhelming. Another example is if you are not into the Zeitgeist thing or are waiting to see how it pans out we have not had a new adventure for months.

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads