Check Out Nerdist's Preview of the Drizzt "Timeless" Book Cover!
  • Check Out Nerdist's Preview of the Drizzt "Timeless" Book Cover!

Remember that new Drizzt trilogy which appeared in online bookstore listings last week? Nerdist has got a preview of the cover of Timeless, the first in the trilogy!

Image from Nerdist.com

Comments 40 Comments
      occam -
      Weird seeing this with no Forgotten Realms branding.
    1. JacktheRabbit -
      $27.99? PASS PASS PASS PASS PASS

Sick of Drizzt, sick of his homeland, sick of his race. All Dark Elves should just catch Elf Flu and die please.
      lowkey13 -
      I am pleased that there is more Drizzt coming.

I needed more stuff to hate. Love may be fed by the imagination, but a good hate is fed by a new Drizzt trilogy.
    1. JacktheRabbit -
      Quote Originally Posted by lowkey13 View Post
      I am pleased that there is more Drizzt coming.

I needed more stuff to hate. Love may be fed by the imagination, but a good hate is fed by a new Drizzt trilogy.
      True Fact, Senator Palpatine was a warm and wonderful guy ready to save the Republic with love and flowers, then one dark day he sat down and binge read every single Salvatore Drizzt novel. After that the Republic was doomed.
      Parmandur -
      Quote Originally Posted by occam View Post
      Weird seeing this with no Forgotten Realms branding.
      Setting specific branding isn't really a thing anymore.
    1. JacktheRabbit -
      Quote Originally Posted by Parmandur View Post
      Especially when you murder, I mean streamline out all the other worlds novels/modules/etc could be set in.
      jgsugden -
      This may also not be the final cover art with all the bells and whistles.
      pukunui -
      Quote Originally Posted by Parmandur View Post
      Which is sad. I used to get such a thrill whenever I saw this:

Raven.Blooded -
      ugh Drizzt .....I so loathe him .... would rather read about Liriel
    1. Salamandyr -
      Not a fan of current trends in fantasy book cover art, but it's arright. I'm two or three series behind on the Drizzt saga, but kind of interested to see where it's going in the 5e age, when WOTC isn't driving a metanarrative.

Who's publishing these books these days?
      AntlerDruid -
      I want a Kimmuriel Oblodra novel instead
    1. JacktheRabbit -
      Quote Originally Posted by Raven.Blooded View Post
      ugh Drizzt .....I so loathe him .... would rather read about Liriel
      Ughhh, those novels were even worse. I did not think it possible to power creep and fanboi bigger than a Drizzt novel and then I read a Liriel novel.

"Hey look I am such an awesome author that I created a drow wizard with a Wand of Lichdom!"
      cbwjm -
      I'm a little confused. Is this about Drizzt or is this about his father Zaknafein? Either way, I'm thinking I may buy the kindle version if there is one and have a read. Been a while since I read a Salvatore book and I really do enjoy his writing.
    1. DragonBelow -
      Drizzt is awesome, that's why he keeps coming back. I am glad the decision to keep publishing new stories about him does not depend on folks here...
      PMárk -
      From a point of view, it looks good, as a picture. On the other hand, I like less abstract, less "artsy" covers on novels a bit more, especially on rpg-related novels. I guess I see those more like illustrations, than standalone art pieces.

I miss the setting logo too. Missed it from the rpg books too. The FR logo is just iconic, killing it off isn't a good step in my eyes. I think I get their thought process and how they want to handle the whole thing, but I don't like it.

At least it's a new novel. That's something. Really, I've read Drizzt more for the supporting cast for a long time, than for Drizzt himself, but I never hated him and honestly, the hate directed toward the character is absolutely laughable.
      Enevhar Aldarion -
      Quote Originally Posted by DragonBelow View Post
      Drizzt is awesome, that's why he keeps coming back. I am glad the decision to keep publishing new stories about him does not depend on folks here...
      If you think here is bad, then do not read the comments on the Facebook or Twitter posts that WotC made for this today. The number of trolls and posters who think it is hip to hate Drizz't are multiplying rapidly. I hate to think what the comments on Reddit are like. lol
      Zarithar -
      I'm really tired of all the Drizz't hate. It's almost become a meme at this point and something to do just because it's cool to do so. Aside from that... I really hope that Paul S. Kemp brings us some more Erevis Cale novels!
      gyor -
      Quote Originally Posted by pukunui View Post
      Which is sad. I used to get such a thrill whenever I saw this:

I which they'd bring it back.
      gyor -
      Quote Originally Posted by Zarithar View Post
      I'm really tired of all the Drizz't hate. It's almost become a meme at this point and something to do just because it's cool to do so. Aside from that... I really hope that Paul S. Kemp brings us some more Erevis Cale novels!
      The Drizzt haters are more annoying then the Drizzt fanboys at this point.
      gyor -
      Quote Originally Posted by Zarithar View Post
      Yes my top question is, is this just R.A. Salvatore or will there be other authors like Kemp, Greenwood, Evans, Denning, Odom, ect...?
    Comments Leave Comment