Dragon+ New "Crossover Edition"

Also there is a subscription option in iTunes now

The latest issue of WotC's in-house magazine, Dragon+, has appeared on (virtual) bookshelves. This one is billed as a "crossover" edition, featuring converted D&D material from Magic: the Gathering, the Neverwinter MMO, and more.

Screen Shot 2018-02-27 at 12.25.15.png

Contents of this issue include:

• A look at Mordenkainen's Tome of Foes
  • Some classic Ed Greenwood material featuring the nine hells
  • A look at the history of the half orc Dorn from the Baldur's Gate video games
  • Information about the Neverwinter Nights Enhanced Edition
  • Crypts of Keleemvor, a quest from the Neverwinter MMORPG in tabletop form
  • A new adventure for the Dragonfire card game
  • Highlight of a DM's Guild product from Rich Lescouflair
  • Plane Shift: Ixalan
  • A gorgeous map of Port Nyanzaru from artist Jason Thompson
  • Ethan Gilsdorf talking about the lessons you can learn from watching live D&D streams
  • Mike Mearls' outdoor exploration Unearthed Arcana playtest
  • Various maps from Tomb of Annihilation and Out of the Abyss
Find the issue here!

Enevhar Aldarion said:
The article on Mordenkainen's Tome of Foes is an interesting read, including the comment that at least half of the monsters covered will be CR10 or higher, and half of those will be CR20 or higher. Fun times for adventuring parties everywhere! lol

This issue also includes not one, but three free adventures to download. The one that is the Best of the DM's Guild adventure is only free while this is the current issue of the magazine.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-02-27 at 12.25.15.png
    Screen Shot 2018-02-27 at 12.25.15.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 20,468
Last edited by a moderator:

CapnZapp

Legend
I tried the Web link in two different browsers. Just getting to the list of issues is bloaty and slow.

And no matter how many times I tap on the read button, nothing happens.

I really wish they'd make a PDF file you could actually use with zero bother

Bitbrain

Lost in Dark Sun
I'm really interested in the dwarf section of Mordenkainen's.
Apparently, there is going to be information on dwarves in Dragonlance, Forgotten Realms, and Greyhawk, in addition to highlighting the conflict between Dwarves and Duergar.

Geryon, Maruts (and name dropped Inevitables), and Astral Dreadnaughts all get descriptions and art in the MToF preview. Also "cosmic horror" gets a mention.

Ace-Azzameen

First Post
Sounds like a substantial issue... sometimes Dragon+ is full of useless junk but apparently not this time. And the lesson that I've learned watching D&D streams?

I'd rather play than watch!

Kannik

Hero
Of all the articles published over the years, I find it amusing (and surprising) that I distinctly remember reading Magic In the Evening when it was published. :p Something about hiding in a suit of armour sticks in the mind, I guess... ;)

I tried the Web link in two different browsers. Just getting to the list of issues is bloaty and slow.

And no matter how many times I tap on the read button, nothing happens.

I really wish they'd make a PDF file you could actually use with zero bother

That is weird. I tested the link twice before putting it in the opening post and it worked fine for me each time. I was using the current version of Firefox. I did just notice that the link went to the table of contents page and not the cover page. Try clicking on the scrollable page list on the left and see if those work for you.

This is the link to the main Dragon+ site:

http://www.dragonmag.com/5.0/#!/articles/106375

I also saw that even if you just type in the main part of the address, leaving off everything after .com, it still redirects to the full url.

Remove ads

Remove ads