Pathfinder 2E At Gary Con

Paizo is at the Gary Con convention this week, and is demoing Pathfinder 2nd Edition there. Here's a couple of photos! No juicy tidbits yet, unfortunately, but hopefully some will emerge over the next couple of days.

In the first photo, Stephen Radney-MacFarland demos Pathfinder 2nd Edition in this awesome photo from Beth Damis on Twitter.

DXyY85yU8AATDD9.jpg

Paizo's Jason Bulmahn took a photo of his copy of the Pathfinder 2nd Edition playtest rules.

DXttC_jXcAImACM.jpg

[FONT=&quot]Save[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Save[/FONT]

If it's ready to demo at a con, I wonder why they're holding back the rules PDF for five more months.
Shouldn't they get a rough document out sooner so they can playtest for longer?

It doesn't need to be pretty. And they can still release an updated version at GenCon in August. Or even a more limited document with just five levels or play or pregens...

ddaley

Explorer
5e handbook falling apart is a feature so you can just pull out the pages you need and staple them to your character sheet.

None of my D&D books, which go back to the early 80s for me, are falling apart. My Pathfinder Core Rulebook, which has seen very little use, on the other hand...

DM Howard

Explorer
If it's ready to demo at a con, I wonder why they're holding back the rules PDF for five more months.

It doesn't need to be pretty. And they can still release an updated version at GenCon in August. Or even a more limited document with just five levels or play or pregens...

That seemed a little odd to me as well. I think it is because they want to maximise hype for the pre-orders.

I'd suspect its because a demo at a con is going to interact with a small amount of the rules material and it's fairly easy to control those interactions.

joe b.

darjr

I crit!
I can confirm that not all the rules were to be used. I stopped buy but couldn’t get a seat. I’ll try later. No photos unfortunately. And the PCs were all pregen iconic. I did get to hear Jason Bulmahn explain the action economy for the game and a bit about the exploration phase. And something about initiative during the exploration phase? Not sure. And rolling stealth for that initiative, or perception.

Sorry about the bad typing, on my phone and getting ready to run a game.

Remove ads

Latest threads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases