Check Out The Centaur PC Race From The 5E Midgard Campaign Setting!

Back in January 2017, Kobold Press successfully funded a Kickstarter for a pair of 5th Edition books based on their Midgard campaign setting -- a World Book, and a Heroes Handbook. The former, as you might imagine, is a setting guide for GMs; the latter is a crunchy tome containing races, spells, feats, spells, and more. They've kindly sent me over some previews of both books, including the Centaur PC race from the Heroes Handbook!

Those who backed the Kickstarter last year will be receiving their books imminently - they are shipping now. For the rest of us, we can pre-order later this week on the Kobold Press website.

Wondering what Midgard is? Straight from the horse's mouth, its "a dark world of deep magic, flavored with Central European myth and folklore - from the frozen Northlands to its wild steppes, dark forests, and craggy mountains.[FONT=wf_segoe-ui_normal]"[/FONT]

And now, check out the tables of contents from each book, as well as the Centaur PC race! (Do Centaurs have two stomachs?)

Screen Shot 2018-03-13 at 14.47.58.png

Screen Shot 2018-03-13 at 14.48.32.png

Screen Shot 2018-03-13 at 14.48.59.png

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
I downloaded my copy yesterday. There is a LOT in it.

Haven't looked at mechanics very much but flavor is very strong. This was developed in paralel with XGtE so there is a little bit of overlap--e.g. a dualist rogue vs a swashbuclking one--but there is also lots and lots of new stuff.

A lot of Scandinavian flavor and nods to other parts of Old Europe. But also several options if you wanted to bring some ancient egypt into your game.

Don't forget the quadruped humanoids can't wear normal under waist clothes, footwear or trousers and they can't climb in the same way of biped humanoids (for example a wall with a tie), but staying in balance is easier, and harder to be overthrowed.

Do you imagine a centauride (female centaur) version of the main characters of "my little pony"? And I don't mean "Equestra Girls" o "Ponyfinder".

Quartz

Hero
I'd restrict the disadvantage on stealth checks to urban environments only. Sure you can hear horses' hooves on a stone road but in a forest? Hell, have you considered how sneaky elephants can be?

BTW Hooray for sensible armour for the female torso.

The M'hael

First Post
How often do you see a elephant? That's how sneaky they are.

I played in a one shot where the characters were assassins trying to kill the Arch Duke. The caveat was that we had to blame it on the performers guild, and so we had to sneak an elephant into the duke's private chambers and then make it look like it killed him. A fun game, ended up escaping through the duke's own secret passage way.

Remove ads

Latest threads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases