Pathfinder 2E A Few Images From Erik Mona's Pathfinder 2nd Edition Presentation At GAMA

GAMA Trade Show continues, and Paizo is there in force. Erik Mona today presented a seminar about the Pathfinder Playtest. Here are a few photos courtesy of Paizo -- "I’m stuck way in the back, so my pics aren’t great at all! Hopefully these give you an idea of Erik’s presentation".

DYMnikrUMAEscxc.jpg

DYMqvtMV4AA0Ykv.jpg

DYMrrYPUQAAL_AL.jpg

DYMsmZiUQAAs1Fy.jpg

DYMu2h5UMAAgjzg.jpg

ronaldsf

Explorer
I am curious - what does "Math balanced across all 20 levels of play" mean? I believe this was part of the initial presentation for D&D 4e. My take is that it is to prevent near-automatic successes and failures. I don't know how this is accomplished without some flattening of the math, however.

Superchunk77

Adventurer
Was the math not balanced across all 20 levels on PF1 for it to be a talking point in the presentation?

I'm thinking this is a reference to 5e's bounded accuracy mechanics. As we all know, PF1 had a diminishing return on pretty much any low-level ability, spell, monster etc. once you got close to level 10. A huge portion of the game basically became obsolete and non-threatening. I'm assuming this statement is meant to imply that they will be using a different scale of bounded accuracy that goes from +1 to +20 rather than just +2 to +6.

CapnZapp

Legend
The gnomes are the misunderstood Tyrion Lannister of the fantasy races. They only need their own G.R.R Martin.
I'm sure you mean well, but I don't think the discussion is helped by turning a medical condition into a fantasy race/ancestry.

Tyrion Lannister and Peter Dinklage are humans; not gnomes, halflings or dwarves.

Kramodlog

Naked and living in a barrel
I'm sure you mean well, but I don't think the discussion is helped by turning a medical condition into a fantasy race/ancestry.

Tyrion Lannister and Peter Dinklage are humans; not gnomes, halflings or dwarves.
Dinklage a vulgar human!? He is a demi-god for nerds! Bow in shame. Go drink wine and lie on the lap of a prostitute and pray you are forgiven.

Remove ads

Latest threads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases