Pathfinder 2E A Few Images From Erik Mona's Pathfinder 2nd Edition Presentation At GAMA

GAMA Trade Show continues, and Paizo is there in force. Erik Mona today presented a seminar about the Pathfinder Playtest. Here are a few photos courtesy of Paizo -- "I’m stuck way in the back, so my pics aren’t great at all! Hopefully these give you an idea of Erik’s presentation".

GAMA Trade Show continues, and Paizo is there in force. Erik Mona today presented a seminar about the Pathfinder Playtest. Here are a few photos courtesy of Paizo -- "I’m stuck way in the back, so my pics aren’t great at all! Hopefully these give you an idea of Erik’s presentation".

DYMnikrUMAEscxc.jpg

DYMqvtMV4AA0Ykv.jpg

DYMrrYPUQAAL_AL.jpg

DYMsmZiUQAAs1Fy.jpg

DYMu2h5UMAAgjzg.jpg

ronaldsf

Explorer
I am curious - what does "Math balanced across all 20 levels of play" mean? I believe this was part of the initial presentation for D&D 4e. My take is that it is to prevent near-automatic successes and failures. I don't know how this is accomplished without some flattening of the math, however.

Superchunk77

Adventurer
Was the math not balanced across all 20 levels on PF1 for it to be a talking point in the presentation?

I'm thinking this is a reference to 5e's bounded accuracy mechanics. As we all know, PF1 had a diminishing return on pretty much any low-level ability, spell, monster etc. once you got close to level 10. A huge portion of the game basically became obsolete and non-threatening. I'm assuming this statement is meant to imply that they will be using a different scale of bounded accuracy that goes from +1 to +20 rather than just +2 to +6.

CapnZapp

Legend
The gnomes are the misunderstood Tyrion Lannister of the fantasy races. They only need their own G.R.R Martin.
I'm sure you mean well, but I don't think the discussion is helped by turning a medical condition into a fantasy race/ancestry.

Tyrion Lannister and Peter Dinklage are humans; not gnomes, halflings or dwarves.

Kramodlog

Naked and living in a barrel
I'm sure you mean well, but I don't think the discussion is helped by turning a medical condition into a fantasy race/ancestry.

Tyrion Lannister and Peter Dinklage are humans; not gnomes, halflings or dwarves.
Dinklage a vulgar human!? He is a demi-god for nerds! Bow in shame. Go drink wine and lie on the lap of a prostitute and pray you are forgiven.

Remove ads

Remove ads