Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 4E Launches At UK Games Expo In June!

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
The launch date for Cubicle 7's WFRP 4E has been revealed -- the game is being released at the UK Games Expo in Birmingham, 1st-3rd June. Check out the video below at the 19-minute mark.
[video=youtube;ePiPbEdFAbc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePiPbEdFAbc&t=1166s[/video][FONT=&amp]Save[/FONT][FONT=&amp]Save[/FONT][FONT=&amp]Save[/FONT][FONT=&amp]Save[/FONT]

Attachments

• WFRP-4th-Logo-550.jpg
    WFRP-4th-Logo-550.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 21,753
Last edited by a moderator:

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
All I know is what I posted. There wasn't anything on C7's website as of yesterday, although it does match their stated intent of "mid 2018"

pogre

Legend
Super excited for this one. Wish I could get a hold of the game, but a trip to U.K. is not in the cards for me.

ilsundal

Villager
There has been amazingly little marketing hype on this game considering it’s popularity. I have subscribed to their newsletter for months and... nothing.

Does anyone know anything about the rules engine in the 4th edition? Hopefully they’ll replace the one from 2nd edition, which I consider its biggest flaw.

Pandatheist

Villager
There has been amazingly little marketing hype on this game considering it’s popularity. I have subscribed to their newsletter for months and... nothing.

Does anyone know anything about the rules engine in the 4th edition? Hopefully they’ll replace the one from 2nd edition, which I consider its biggest flaw.

There's been basically no information about the design of the game, and no news in months. The cubicle7 site says this

"Design lead Dominic McDowall is on hand to tell us about the game’s development:“The initial plan was to make some small updates to the awesome second edition, and that would mean we would be able to release the game in 2017. We’re all huge fans of the first and second editions of WFRP, and we wanted to take the game back to those roots.
“When I got into the guts of the game I started seeing more opportunities to add in some of the things we’ve learned over the years. This more creative direction meant a longer development phase. Games Workshop are extremely supportive of us taking the time we need to make WFRP Fourth Edition the very best game it can be, and so that’s what we did. I’m very excited about the way things have come together!"

source: http://cubicle7.co.uk/our-games/warhammer-fantasy-roleplay/

There's also some book cover art but....thats it. I'm largely hopeful due to the wonderful stewardship of the LotR IP with both The One Ring and Adventures in Middle Earth, but we won't know for sure until June.

Related Articles

Remove ads

Latest threads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases