Paizo News Roundup

The golem marches on, my friends, which means it’s time for the latest PAIZO NEWS ROUNDUP! The fine folks in Redmond continue to show no sign of pulling their support for the Pathfinder we know and love, even as they ramp up production on teasers for Starfinder and Pathfinder 2nd Edition, so there’s plenty of Adventure Path, Player Companion, and Campaign Setting material to explore! Let’s get to it!

The golem marches on, my friends, which means it’s time for the latest PAIZO NEWS ROUNDUP! The fine folks in Redmond continue to show no sign of pulling their support for the Pathfinder we know and love, even as they ramp up production on teasers for Starfinder and Pathfinder 2nd Edition, so there’s plenty of Adventure Path, Player Companion, and Campaign Setting material to explore! Let’s get to it!

The War for the Crown rages on! Stalwart adventurers seeking to keep Taldor from collapsing into anarchy and bloodshed are run ragged keeping Princess Eutropia safe from plots and peril! In the latest installment, City in the Lion’s Eye, our heroes square off against Princess Eutropia’s main rival - the ambitious and ruthless General Pythareus! Not only does he lead an army from Zimar, a fortress of a town in its own right and detailed in a gazeteer included in the Adventure path, but General Pythareus also commands the Lion Blades, the most feared spies of the Inner Sea! Can the adventurers hope to outmaneuver the conspiracies that are coming to a head? Can they prevent civil war from boiling into international war? Can they prevail against the evils that oppose them? FIND OUT NEXT TIME IN THE WAR FOR THE CROWN ADVENTURE PATH!

Whew, that’s enough radio announcer voice for one paragraph. Now for something less pulpy - wait, what’s this? An entire Player Companion dedicated to unearthing ancient ruins and legendary powers?! That’s right folks, the newest Player Companion: Blood of the Ancients has all the long-lost prowess you could want. A new bloodline for sorcerers and bloodragers allows them to call forth warriors of ages past, and new archetypes are unearthed to tap into ancient Azlanti kineticism and Jistkan golemcraft. There are even new spells and types of magic for those brave enough to find them! PDF available May 30th, it seems, so no need to hold your breath too long.

This old (well, who are we kidding, young) nose of mine has been sniffing into the winds of change for tabletop games, and it smells PLANAR ADVENTURES! While we won’t discuss anything outside of the Golem’s reach here, suffice to say it seems the industry as a whole is going extraplanar, and that’s just fine with me. As just another leaf on this wind shows, a new hardcover available June 27th goes deep into Pathfinder Planar Adventures! New archetypes, spells, feats, and magic items await PCs who jaunt across planes, as well as the demiplanes and denizens that await them (some even graciously!). Pathfinder’s 20 core deities are presented in far greater detail, and are given divine boons to bestow on those who earn their favor.

What’s that? You want even MORE planar shenanigans? How about the newest Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Distant Realms! Launching alongside Planar Adventures, this book offers a much deeper dive into six of the most prominent planar cities, their history, and their movers and shakers! Take a stroll into the iron districts of Dis, home to the fiendish king Dispater and his terrible court. Abide in the Astral Plane on the ageless shores of Yulgamot. Dabble in dark dealings in the dust-ringed Shadow Absalom, lit by a source known only as the Glare. Find unexpected allies and mischievous benefactors Basrakal, and take care that your goals remain the same when you leave! All these delights and more will be yours!

Well, that about does it for the PAIZO NEWS ROUNDUP for this edition! Keep a weather eye out here for more from the Golem, and for updates on 2E when it arrives!

contributed by Ben Reece

Ben Reece

Ben Reece

JEB

Legend
Will Planar Adventures reference Folca? They seem pretty attached to their child-abuse daemon, since it's still in the Book of the Damned.

Shemeska

Adventurer
I think everyone will deeply enjoy and appreciate Planar Adventures. It's a book that a lot of folks have been asking for for some time now. Given when it is slated for release, we should start seeing previews in the relatively near future. :)

JEB

Legend
Since you edited this part of your response out, I considered leaving it be... but I think I'm obliged to respond to the point you raised.

Given the rather direct comments by multiple developers, members of Paizo management, and freelancers including myself, on that issue, it's disingenuous to suggest anyone involved is even remotely "pretty attached" to Folca.

Yes, you and a number of other people involved with publishing Folca's writeup say they regret the decision. Which was the appropriate response... but that was six months ago, and the official release is unchanged. Paizo has had plenty of time to remove or heavily modify Folca. But they haven't. What are we to conclude from that?

Shasarak

Banned
Banned
What are we to conclude from that?

I assume that we are supposed to conclude that they gave an appropriate response to the situation at the time and then just got on with the job of creating PF2.

It seems like the only logical conclusion given the facts presented.

JEB

Legend
I assume that we are supposed to conclude that they gave an appropriate response to the situation at the time and then just got on with the job of creating PF2.

It seems like the only logical conclusion given the facts presented.

PF2 wasn't such an all-consuming task over the last six months that Paizo couldn't get someone to edit a few paragraphs in a finished book layout. No, the Folca material is still in Book of the Damned because they didn't think it was important to remove it. And if they didn't think it was problematic enough to remove... how sincere were those apologies?

Shasarak

Banned
Banned
PF2 wasn't such an all-consuming task over the last six months that Paizo couldn't get someone to edit a few paragraphs in a finished book layout. No, the Folca material is still in Book of the Damned because they didn't think it was important to remove it. And if they didn't think it was problematic enough to remove... how sincere were those apologies?

I am sure that they will update it the next time they do a print run for the Book of the Damned. I believe that is when they usually incorporate their errata.

JEB

Legend
I am sure that they will update it the next time they do a print run for the Book of the Damned. I believe that is when they usually incorporate their errata.

1) If that's the case, an official announcement would be nice. We haven't heard anything about this issue in about six months.

2) Correcting the Folca issue is only as much a priority as, say, correcting a rules mistake?

Shasarak

Banned
Banned
1) If that's the case, an official announcement would be nice. We haven't heard anything about this issue in about six months.

They did make a statement months ago when the issue was first raised. What further statement is needed?

2) Correcting the Folca issue is only as much a priority as, say, correcting a rules mistake?

Depends on the rules mistake. What action are you wanting them to make?

Remove ads

Remove ads