N.O.W. The Modern Action Roleplaying Game Is Here!

I know there's been a bit of a little blitz of EN Publishing stuff the last few days. You wait ages for a bus, and then three turn up at once! Anyhow... for What's OLD is NEW fans, it's a big day, because the final part of the trilogy of OLD, NOW, and NEW is here. N.O.W. The Modern Action Roleplaying Game is finally here!

I know there's been a bit of a little blitz of EN Publishing stuff the last few days. You wait ages for a bus, and then three turn up at once! Anyhow... for What's OLD is NEW fans, it's a big day, because the final part of the trilogy of OLD, NOW, and NEW is here. N.O.W. The Modern Action Roleplaying Game is finally here!

now_intro.jpg

EXPERIENCE ADRENALINE-FUELED ACTION IN THIS VERSATILE TABLETOP GAME OF MODERN ADVENTURE!

• Elite spies fight ninjas on snow-covered rooftops.
  • Martial-artists perform incredible chi-powered feats.
  • Technology-laden burglars infiltrate wealthy corporations.
  • Mutants with extra-ordinary powers hide themselves from the public.
  • Soldiers of fortune help those who cannot help themselves.
  • Dark vigilantes prowl the night, hunting cowardly criminals.
  • Artificially enhanced operative work deep behind enemy lines.
  • Rugged explorers uncover ancient ruins and long-lost treasures.
  • Lone crusaders investigate crimes where the authorities cannot.
Play a secret agent, a weary investigator, an elite hacker, or a shadowy ninja. Are you a roving reporter, a kung-fu expert, or a weathered soldier? Dozen of modern careers await you!

This roleplaying game allows you to create and run adventures in any modern setting, from the late 1800s to the 21st century.

• Four heritages (Human, Mutant, Augmented, and Chosen) and dozens of careers from lawyers to ninjas which allow you to create any modern character with a fun, intuitive life-path system.
  • A wide variety of modern equipment, from the weapons of WW2 to the high-tech gadgets of secret agents. Drive an Aston Martin DB5, brandish a Magnum .45, or use an experimental jetpack.
  • Full rules for running the game, including fast but tactical combat, environments, and extended martial arts and vehicle rules.
  • Extensive guidelines for building your own contemporary game setting, including rules of creating careers, foes, and more, with discussions concerning genre, themes and technology.
Whether you're an elite team operating undercover, a military unit, a group of vampire hunters, or apocalyptic survivors, N.O.W. has you covered!

This is a What's O.L.D. is N.E.W. core rulebook.

242910.jpg

[video=youtube;JCWXdO_uui4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCWXdO_uui4[/video]​

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Can I really be a lawyer? That sounds really exciting.

WOIN uses a life-path system for character creation. Having a few years as a lawyer in your past might give you some extra social skills, money, or a useful ability. That doesn’t mean you’d be playing an LA Law campaign. Maybe you’d play an ex-lawyer turned vampire hunter or a student who moonlights as a ninja.

Careers in WOIN aren’t like classes in D&D. They’re small chunks of time you spent doing something and gained a few attributes, skills, or exploits. You typically start play with multiple careers behind you, starting with your childhood and origin and working towards the present day.

Last edited by a moderator:

crazy_cat

Adventurer
Can I really be a lawyer? That sounds really exciting.

I remember my character being a lawyer back in one of our WFRP 1e campaigns many years ago.

In practice what this meant was that he could at least read and write a bit, talked a bit posher than the other gutter dwelling PCs, had a nice hat, wasn't trusted by anybody they met (because posh and lawyer) - and that when he ultimately ended up dead face down in a ditch by the side of the road outside Wissenberg with a cultists knife in his back at least the lucky soul who got to rob his corpse got a very good quality pair of boots out of it.

Memories.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
How about spinoff games like F.E.A.R. for horror and H.E.R.O. for superheroes?

Also, does N.O.W. cover westerns?

Yup, it has a whole section of Western firearms and stuff. It covers late 1800s through to the near future. Though mounts are in O.L.D.

Yaarel

He Mage
Heh. I hate to admit it, but the ninjas sold me on this setting.

I like modern, especially near future to explore the cultural implications of accelerating technology. (The chosens, augmenteds, mutants, are great here.)

But, you know. Ninjas.

The whole James Bond vibe, really pulled the setting together for me.

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads