Second Dungeons & Dragons Product for Fall 2018: Waterdeep: Dungeon of the Mad Mage

Wizards of the Coast announced the second product for Fall 2018, Waterdeep: Dungeon of the Mad Mage.

A video promotion from D&D Beyond (linked below) aired at the end of the Saturday events on the "Stream of Many Eyes" and was uploaded to YouTube shortly after. The book will be a megadungeon that runs from Level 6-20 that details 23 different levels to Undermountain each with their own feel and theme, along with a full detailing of Skullport. It's stated in the video that running the module with weekly sessions will take at least eight months. Waterdeep: Dungeon of the Mad Mage will be out November 13, 2018, with an MSRP of $49.95.

[video=youtube;wbVRQIOuI8s]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbVRQIOuI8s[/video]

This is the second product announced during the "Stream of Many Eyes" event on the Dungeons & Dragons Twitch channel. The event will continue on Sunday with celebrity games and potentially more product announcements from third-party companies like Gale Force Nine. The first product announced, Waterdeep: Dragon Heist (along with a special dice set), were announced on Friday, June 1.

Last edited by a moderator:

Darryl Mott

Darryl Mott

Abstruse

Legend
Sorry the article wasn't allowing comments at first. That should be fixed now. I'm still waiting for the official product page to update with confirmation about the release date, length, and price.

dwayne

Adventurer
I still have my old box set with all the maps, and and the table cards which i have used many times. I would buy this if it updates the game info and the tables just depend upon how much generic information it has.

KentDT

Explorer
hmm . . . "third-party companies like Cubicle 7" I'm thinking you meant Gale Force Nine? Or did the Cubicle 7 guys come over from the UK to co-announce immediate availability of the Mines of Moria or something?

Abstruse

Legend
hmm . . . "third-party companies like Cubicle 7" I'm thinking you meant Gale Force Nine? Or did the Cubicle 7 guys come over from the UK to co-announce immediate availability of the Mines of Moria or something?
Ugh, thank you...I don't know how I seem to mix those two up so often. Same thing used to happen with Games Workshop and Game Designers Workshop if I wasn't paying attention...

TheSword

Legend
What a great concept. Dragon Heist to flesh out the city and meet some of the movers and shakers. Then with the stage set Undermountain to explore the largest dungeon in the Realms. They are publishing one of my dream campaigns. 5e just keeps getting better and better for me!

Staffan

Legend
Point of order: that would be the third product (not counting things like dice, screens, and such) of 2018. We just got Mordenkainen's Tome of Foes as the first, Waterdeep: Dragon Heist will be the second, and Waterdeep: Dungeon of the Mad Mage comes in third.

Alternately, the second product announced at the Stream of Many Eyes.

I'm actually pleased by this.

Dragon Heist's concept seemed kind of meh to me, but taken in conjunction with this one, I see the purpose behind it and I've changed my position.

I remember the Undermountain boxed set and being a bit overwhelmed by the size of it. But I am really liking the concept of a city-based campaign that goes from level 1 to 20.

Actually looking forward to this now.

Remove ads

Latest threads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases