Masks of Nyarlathotep Radio Drama and Gamer Prop Set Announced!

The H. P. Lovecraft Historical Society have announced they are producing The Masks of Nyarlathotep radio drama. The series, which will span a 6 CD box set, will be presented as a 1930’s-style radio drama and feature a large cast of professional actors, sound effects and thrilling original music by Troy Sterling Niles. They will also be releasing a massive Gamer Prop Set for the iconic Call of Cthulhu campaign, containing over 130 props and handouts.

The H.P. Lovecraft Historical Society have produced a number of stylised radio plays based upon H. P. Lovecrafts Mythos stories through their Dark Adventure Radio Theatre series. Now, in partnership with Chaosium, they’ve adapted the epic Masks of Nyarlathotep into a fully dramatized 6-disc super episode of Dark Adventure Radio Theatre which will also be available as digital download, and as a super deluxe set with more than twenty props to enhance your experience. Total running time is expected to be around seven hours and it’s scheduled for a September release.

“The death of a dear old friend and an inquiry into a doomed archeological expedition spiral into a global investigation with dire repercussions. Can a handful of intrepid investigators make a stand against an insidious and bloodthirsty cult? Can a diabolical conspiracy be thwarted before a doomsday plan comes to fruition? Is there any hope for mankind against the machinations of an Elder God or will they meet only despair, death and madness?”

Since its original publication in 1984, the Masks of Nyarlathotep supplement for Chaosium’s Call of Cthulhu has been hailed as a classic among role playing gamers. Now, as Chaosium prepare to release a full updated version of it for the 7th Edition Call of Cthulhu rules, the HPLHS is releasing a very special collection of props to enhance your role playing fun.

We’ve taken all of the handouts, maps and props from the game (and a whole bunch of bonus stuff Chaosium doesn’t include) and created them as highly realistic detailed props. Why would you want our props instead of the ones that come with the Chaosium’s new edition of the game? We’re glad you asked.

We believe great props make for great gaming. So we’ve taken our 30 years of experience in making props for games to create this set. Because we are able to break free from the confines of the printed supplement book, our props can be printed in larger sizes, on different kinds of paper, and with additional details. For example, our newspaper clippings are really printed on one of the few remaining newspaper presses in the country. They have back sides with genuine copy and advertisements from vintage papers. We’ve created custom fonts based on real old newspapers to capture the feel of vintage typography. They look right, they feel right and they even smell right! Plus, our props don’t have to be printed in a book or as a PDF – as a result we can make props that are way bigger than you’ll ever find in a game supplement.

So, what do you get?

• All 109 prop documents, handouts, and maps from the Chaosium game supplement, designed and printed in the most realistic manner possible.
  • Twenty-one more bonus props which we’ve included because we think they’ll make your gaming even more fun.
  • An Ediphone wax cylinder case that holds a custom USB drive containing eight props that are audio files recorded by professional actors – play them for your players! (We include transcripts to aid their memories.)
  • A set of 6 Nansen Passports issued by the League of Nations for your players and a set of custom passports stamps which can document your players travels.

Pre-orders for the Radio Play and the Prop Set are available through The H. P. Lovecraft Historical Society website now.

The prop set is exciting as is the full dramatisation of the adventure. In many ways it underlines Masks of Nyarlathotep, which will have a new full edition released for 7E soon, as the best published RPG adventure of all time. It's only really rivalled by WFRP's Enemy Within campaign.

Xavian Starsider

First Post
The prop set is exciting as is the full dramatisation of the adventure. In many ways it underlines Masks of Nyarlathotep, which will have a new full edition released for 7E soon, as the best published RPG adventure of all time. It's only really rivalled by WFRP's Enemy Within campaign.

Yes I have been looking over the 4th edition version of Masks but want to get The 7e pdf (if they release it in time!)
Now I really want the props box too. I don't suppose it will have anything for the new chapter set in Peru though?

Michael O'Brien

Hero
Publisher
Yes I have been looking over the 4th edition version of Masks but want to get The 7e pdf (if they release it in time!)
Now I really want the props box too. I don't suppose it will have anything for the new chapter set in Peru though?

The HPLHS prop set is based on the coming 7th ed version of Masks, which includes the new Peru chapter. So there will be Peruvian props.

Cheers MOB - Chaosium Inc.

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
I've often heard this was the best written adventure for any RPG, ever. I've never played it, but it's intriguing.

Remove ads

Latest threads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases