Congratulations To The 2018 ENnies Nominees!

As the tabletop award season continues, the 2018 Gen Con EN World RPG Awards nominees are here! Congratulations to all the individual nominated creators, writers, editors, artists, graphic designers, and more who make these wonderful products!

Ennies.png

The ENnies, at their core, are our way of thanking and honouring those individuals who create the products which form our hobby. A roleplaying game product needs writers, editors, artists, and other hardworking folks, and this is the time of year where we pause, and we just congratulate them on a job well done. Whether it's the awesome cover an artist produced for a major hardcover RPG, or clever rules design in the latest indie game, every part of the finished product requires a talented individual to create it.

There were over 500 submitted products this year, and 23 categories and 72 publishers feature in this year's nominations. And for the first time, we have the Best Organised Play category!

Also be sure to listen to this week's episode of Morrus' Unofficial Tabletop RPG Talk podcast, where we have an ENnies special!

Voting for the ENnies Awards, 2018 Fan Favorite Publisher, and 2019 Judges will be open from July 11, 2018- July 21, 2018 at 11:59pm EDT!

Winners will be announced on August 3rd at 8 P.M. EST at Union Station during GenCon in Indianapolis, Indiana. You can also watch the awards live via streaming - more details coming soon!

[h=3]Best Adventure[/h]Delta Green: A Night at the Opera, Arc Dream Publishing; Authors: Dennis Detwiller, Shane Ivey, Greg Stolze
The Two-Headed Serpent, Chaosium Inc.; Authors: Paul Fricker, Scott Forward, Matt Sanderson
Six of Swords, Green Ronin Publishing; Authors: Jaym Gates, Steven Jones, Kira Magrann, Alejandro Melchor, Malcolm Sheppard, Rebecca Wise
Seven Worlds Campaign Book, Intellistories; Author: Luis Enrique Torres
The Dark of Hot Springs Island, Swordfish Islands; Authors: Jacob Hurst, Evan Peterson, Donnie Garcia
[h=3]Best Aid/Accessory[/h]Shadowrun Sixth World Tarot Deluxe, Catalyst Game Labs
Hex Kit, Cone of Negative Energy
Conan GM Screen, Modiphius Entertainment
Starfinder GM Screen, Paizo Inc.
Arcane Scrollworks, SkeletonKey Games
[h=3]Best Art, Cover[/h]Down Darker Trails, Chaosium Inc.; Artist: Sam Lamont
Harlem Unbound, Darker Hue Studios; Artist: Brennen Reece
Critical Role: Tal'Dorei Campaign Setting, Green Ronin Publishing; Artist: Aaron Riley
Conan: Conan the Barbarian, Modiphius Entertainment; Artist: Phrolian Gardner
Symbaroum: Karvosti - The Witch Hammer, Järnringen; Artist: Martin Grip
[h=3]Best Art, Interior[/h]The Happiest Apocalypse on Earth, Christopher Grey; Artist: Robert Hebert
Frostbitten and Mutilated, Lamentations of the Flame Princess; Artist: Zak Smith
Atlas Animalia, Metal Weave Games; Artist: Sarah Dahlinger
City of Mist, Son of Oak Game Studio; Artist: Marcin Soboń
Starfinder Core Rulebook, Paizo Inc.; Artists: Alexandur Alexandrov, David Alvarez, Rogier van de Beek, Leonardo Borazio, Tomasz Chistowski, Taylor Fischer, David Franco Campos, Sebastien Hue, Guido Kuip, Robert Lazzaretti, Mikaël Léger, Víctor Manuel Leza Moreno, Setiawan Lie, Damien Mammoliti, David Melvin, Mark Molnar, Mirco Paganessi, Jose Parodi, Miroslav Petrov, Hugh Pindur, Roberto Pitturru, Pixoloid Studios (Aleksandr Dochkin, Nothof Ferenc, Gaspar Gombos, David Metzger, and Mark Molnar), Maichol Quinto, Pavel Rtishev, Connor Sheehan, Firat Solhan, Remko Troost, Leon Tukker, Ben Wootten, Joshua Wright
[h=3]Best Blog[/h]Sly Flourish
Campaign Mastery
Gnome Stew -The Gaming Blog
Dice Geeks
Elven Tower
[h=3]Best Cartography[/h]Oath of the Frozen King, Absolute Tabletop; Cartographers: Jon Pintar, Nate Vanderzee (Sellsword Maps), Joe Bilton and Sarah Bilton (Heroic Maps)
Freedom City 3rd Edition, Green Ronin Publishing; Cartographers: Rick Achberger, Phillip Lienau, Sean Macdonald, Chris West
The Midderlands - An OSR Setting & Bestiary, MonkeyBlood Design & Publishing; Cartographer: Glynn Seal
Starfinder Pact Worlds, Paizo Inc.; Cartographer: Damien Mammoliti
City of Mist: Location Maps, Son of Oak Game Studio; Cartographer: Mariusz Szulc
[h=3]Best Electronic Book[/h]Delta Green: A Night at the Opera, Arc Dream Publishing
Spheres of Might, Drop Dead Studios
Scenario from Ontario, Dungeons and Donuts
On the Air, Spectrum Games
Hudson and Brand, Inquiry Agents of the Obscure, Stygian Fox Publishing
[h=3]Best Family Product[/h]Khan of Khans, Chaosium Inc.
Storm Hollow, Game Salute / Escapade Games
A Feast of Flavor, Legendary Games
I'm a Guide, Monte Cook Games
Heavy Metal Thunder Mouse, Shoreless Skies Publishing
[h=3]Best Free Game[/h]Esper Genesis Basic Rules, Alligator Alley Entertainment
High Plains Samurai: Legends, Broken Ruler Games
Modos 2, Michael Terlisner
Forthright Open Roleplay Creative Commons Edition, Room 209 Gaming
Saga of the Goblin Horde, Zadmar Games
[h=3]Best Free Product[/h]Runequest: Quickstart Rules and Adventure, Chaosium Inc.
Vaginas are Magic, Lamentations of the Flame Princess
Starfinder First Contact, Paizo Inc.
Eclipse Phase Second Edition: Quick-Start Rules, Posthuman Studios
Tabletop Audio - Original Ambiences and Interactive Sounds, Tabletop Audio
[h=3]Best Game[/h]Delta Green: The RPG, Arc Dream Publishing; Authors: Dennis Detwiller, Adam Scott Glancy, Christopher Gunning, Kenneth Hite, Shane Ivey, Greg Stolze
Blades in the Dark, Evil Hat Productions; Author: John Harper
Zweihänder, Grim & Perilous Studios; Author: Daniel D. Fox
Red Markets: A Game of Economic Horror, Hebanon Games; Authors: Caleb Stokes, Laura Briskin-Limehouse, Ross Payton
Vurt: The Tabletop Roleplaying Game, Ravendesk Games; Authors: Alexander Lepera, Lee Pruitt
[h=3]Best Miniature Product[/h]Distant Frontiers Poster Map Set, Christopher West's Maps of Mastery
Double-Sided Dry-Erase Tiles, Gaming Paper
Star Trek Adventures Miniatures: The Next Generation, Modiphius Entertainment
Ma'al Drakar the Dragon Tyrant, Reaper Miniatures
City of Mist: Location Maps, Son of Oak Game Studio
[h=3]Best Monster/Adversary[/h]Down Darker Trails, Chaosium Inc.; Authors: Kevin Ross, Mike Mason, Scott David Aniolowski, David Cole, Todd Woods
Freedom City 3rd Edition, Green Ronin Publishing; Authors: Steve Kenson, Scott Bennie, DT Butchino, Shawn Carman, Crystal Frasier, Chris Huff, Sean Johnson, Seth Johnson, John Maniha, Professor Christopher
Frostbitten and Mutilated, Lamentations of the Flame Princess; Author: Zak Smith
Uh-Oh Monsters, Monte Cook Games; Author: Shanna Germain
Starfinder Alien Archive, Paizo Inc.; Authors: John Compton, Adam Daigle, Crystal Frasier, Amanda Hamon Kunz, Jason Keeley, Jonathan H. Keith, Steve Kenson, Isabelle Lee, Lyz Liddell, Robert G. McCreary, Mark Moreland, Joe Pasini, F. Wesley Schneider, Owen K.C. Stephens, James L. Sutter, Josh Vogt
[h=3]Best Podcast[/h]Rey and Kiel Can Do!, Dungeons and Donuts
Fandible Actual Play Podcast, Fandible
Fear of a Black Dragon, Fear of a Black Dragon
Hobbs and Friends of the OSR, Misdirected Mark
Miskatonic University Podcast, Miskatonic University Podcast
[h=3]Best Organised Play[/h]Lost Tales of Myth Drannor, D&D Adventurers League; Authors Greg Marks, Robert Adducci, Bill Benham, Travis Woodall, Claire Hoffman, Alan Patrick
Bleeding Gate: Amalgamation, Ma'at Crook
End of the Line, Michael Maenza
Wreckers, William Beers
Best Friends Forever, Rob Silva
[h=3]Best Production Values[/h]Delta Green: The RPG, Arc Dream Publishing
The Grand Grimoire of Cthulhu Mythos Magic, Chaosium Inc.
Sentinel Comics RPG Starter Kit, Greater Than Games
Bluebeard's Bride, Magpie Games
Star Trek Adventures: Collectors Edition Core Rulebook, Modiphius Entertainment
[h=3]Best RPG Related Product[/h]Khan of Khans, Chaosium Inc.
Dresden Files Cooperative Card Game, Evil Hat Productions
Storm Hollow, Game Salute / Escapade Games
Friendly Local Game Store, Gameplaywright
#feminism, Pelgrane Press
[h=3]Best Rules[/h]Delta Green: The RPG, Arc Dream Publishing; Authors: Dennis Detwiller, Adam Scott Glancy, Christopher Gunning, Kenneth Hite, Shane Ivey, Greg Stolze
Harlem Unbound, Darker Hue Studios; Authors: Chris Spivey, Ruth Tillman, Bob Geis, Sarah Hood, Neall Raemonn Price
Cthulhu Confidential, Pelgrane Press; Authors: Robin D. Laws, Chris Spivey, Ruth Tillman
Torg Eternity: Core Rules, Ulisses Spiele; Authors: Shane Lacy Hensley, Darrell Hayhurst, Markus Plötz, Dean Gilbert, Ross Watson
Star Trek Adventures: Core Rulebook, Modiphius Entertainment; Authors: Dave Chapman, Jim Johnson, Patrick Goodman, Ross Isaacs, Bill Maxwell, Jonathan Breese, Nathan Dowdell, John Snead, Oz Mills, Aaron Pollyea, Rob Wieland, Ade Smith, Anthony Jennings, Dan Taylor, Dayton Ward, Michael Brophy, Giles Pritchard, Maggie Carroll, Steven Creech, Shawn Merwin, Sam Webb, Jacob Ross
[h=3]Best Setting[/h]Harlem Unbound, Darker Hue Studios; Authors: Chris Spivey, Ruth Tillman, Bob Geis, Sarah Hood, Neall Raemonn Price
Freedom City 3rd Edition, Green Ronin Publishing; Authors: Steve Kenson, Scott Bennie, DT Butchino, Shawn Carman, Crystal Frasier, Chris Huff, Sean Johnson, Seth Johnson, John Maniha, Professor Christopher McGlothlin, Steven E. Schend, Lucien Soulban, Aaron Sullivan
Frostbitten and Mutilated, Lamentations of the Flame Princess; Author: Zak Smith
Predation, Monte Cook Games; Author: Shanna Germain
Starfinder Pact Worlds, Paizo Inc.; Authors: Alexander Augunas, Judy Bauer, Robert Brookes, Jason Bulmahn, John Compton, Amanda Hamon Kunz, Thurston Hillman, Mikko Kallio, Jason Keeley, Jonathan Keith, Steve Kenson, Lyz Liddell, Ron Lundeen, Robert G. McCreary, David N. Ross, Owen K.C. Stephens, James L. Sutter, Russ Taylor
[h=3]Best Supplement[/h]Shadowrun Dark Terrors, Catalyst Game Labs; Authors: Brooke Chang, Kevin Czarnecki, Jason M. Hardy, Alexander Kadar, Adam Large, O.C. Presley, Scott Schletz, Dylan Stengel, R.J. Thomas, Amy Veeres
Reign of Terror, Chaosium Inc.; Authors: Mark Morrison, Penelope Love, James Coquillat, Darren Watson
Doctor Who RPG – The Black Archive, Cubicle Seven Entertainment Ltd.; Authors: Walt Ciechanowski, Andrew Peregrine
Holy Crap: the Great Sects Change Operation, Mutha Oith Productions; Author: Andy Hopp
Starfinder Pact Worlds, Paizo Inc.; Authors: Alexander Augunas, Judy Bauer, Robert Brookes, Jason Bulmahn, John Compton, Amanda Hamon Kunz, Thurston Hillman, Mikko Kallio, Jason Keeley, Jonathan Keith, Steve Kenson, Lyz Liddell, Ron Lundeen, Robert G. McCreary, David N. Ross, Owen K.C. Stephens, James L. Sutter, Russ Taylor
[h=3]Best Website[/h]Adventureaweek.com, AAW Games
Blades in the Dark SRD, Amazing Rando Design
Up to Four Players, Up to Four Players
Elven Tower Website, Elven Tower Website
Story Beats, Northland Creative Wonders
[h=3]Best Writing[/h]Delta Green: The Way it Went Down, Arc Dream Publishing; Author: Dennis Detwiller
Harlem Unbound, Darker Hue Studios; Author: Chris Spivey, Ruth Tillman, Bob Geis, Sarah Hood, Neall Raemonn Price
Monsters, Growling Door Games, Inc.; Author: Matthew McFarland
Holy Crap: the Great Sects Change Operation, Mutha Oith Productions; Author: Andy Hopp
[h=3]Product of the Year[/h]Delta Green: The RPG, Arc Dream Publishing
The Happiest Apocalypse on Earth, Christopher Grey
Harlem Unbound, Darker Hue Studios
Blades in the Dark, Evil Hat Productions
Freedom City 3rd Edition, Green Ronin Publishing
Zweihänder, Grim & Perilous Studios
Frostbitten and Mutilated, Lamentations of the Flame Princess
Star Trek Adventures: Collectors Edition Core Rulebook, Modiphius Entertainment
Starfinder Core Rulebook, Paizo Inc.
The Dark of Hot Springs Island, Swordfish Islands

[h=3]Judges' Spotlight Winners[/h]Reece Carter: Fever Swamp, Melsonian Arts Council
Sean McCoy: Operation Unfathomable, Hydra Cooperative
Brian Nowak: FAITH – The Sci-Fi RPG 2.0, Burning Games
Denise Robinson: Winterhorn, Bully Pulpit Games
Kurt Wiegel: Pip System Corebook, Third Eye Games

I feel it’s important to recognise that the ENnies are about individual RPG creators, who are hard working and rarely rich. Companies are made up of individuals. Giving a writer or an artist or an editor an award is a small gesture, but it’s a wholesome and positive one. It gives them a deserved moment to treasure. With that in mind, I do hope your first reaction is one of congratulation; the world is negative enough as it is!
[FONT=&amp]Save[/FONT][FONT=&amp]Save[/FONT]

Pandatheist

Villager
Some really excellent picks this year. Particularly excited to see The Dark of Hot Springs Island, Harlem Unbound, Bluebeard's Bride and Red Markets be recognized in their respective categories, but congratulations to all the nominees.

Daniel D. Fox

Explorer
Zweihänder Grim & Perilous RPG for both Best Game and Product of the Year in Ennies 2018!?!

So exciting! I rushed downstairs out of bed early this morning to tell my wife, and made calls to all the folks at Grim & Perilous Studios who were involved. This is an honor, and I cannot wait to meet my fellow nominees at Gen Con this year.

This seems to be the year of indie RPGs for Product of the Year. Harlem Unbound, Blades in the Dark and Delta Green are three of my favorite RPGs.

I'm also proud to stand shoulder-to-shoulder with titans of our industry - Paizo and Green Ronin.

Congratulations to all the nominees!

Best,
Daniel Fox
Principle of Grim & Perilous Studios

Last edited by a moderator:

Zak S

Glad to see so many genuinely impressive nominees this year
Competition has gotten tough!
I have a feeling I'm going to lose six times--but to people who genuinely deserve to win

imagineGod

Legend
Okay, I am biased, because, Starfinder is just so awesome, so I predict a clean sweep of all categories by Paizo that feature Starfinder.

But seriously, apart from the core rulebook falling to pieces, the products from Paizo have excellent production values, and the artwork is just so amazing. ;)

View attachment 98993

Hey, I'm really happy I was nominated once again this year. However, I believe there is a mistake, My website, Elven tower appears twice. Once in the best blog category and then in the website category. I believe it should only appear on the website category.

GMMichael

Guide of Modos
Zweihänder Grim & Perilous RPG for both Best Game and Product of the Year in Ennies 2018!?!
Eins, zwei, polizei! Drei, vier, Zweihänder ist hier! That means "well deserved" in German, I think ;)

Which reminds me, I should go over to the latest "gritty" thread and drop a name...

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases