The Witcher RPG to Debut At Gen Con!

R. Talsorian’s The Witcher Role-Playing Game is at the printers and will be available for sale at Gen Con in August. Announced back in 2015 the game is based on the highly popular Witcher computer game series by CD Projekt Red. If you can’t make Gen Con to grab a copy don’t fear, the PDF will be available at the same time, or shortly thereafter.

R. Talsorian have warned that Gen Con stock will be limited, as they are getting a rushed advanced shipment of the book for the show. So if you want a copy it’s probably advisable to head to their booth (#1752) as soon as possible, and certainly not wait until Sunday! Once the full print run has arrived in their warehouse the book will be available mail order as well as through distribution to stores worldwide.

The Witcher Role-Playing Game uses a version of R. Talsorians Fuzion system and is set between the Witcher 2 and Witcher 3 video games. We haven’t seen any previews of the game, but will certainly bring you more information if we see anything!

R. Talsorian are also planning on releasing their new updated version of Cyberpunk 2020, called Cyberpunk Red, at the end of the year.

Last edited by a moderator:

Variss

Explorer
Shouldn't it be "Based on the highly popular novels of Andrzej Sapkowski, which were turned into an award winning video game series by CD Projekt Red." I mean credit where credit is due. The game stories draw from the established prose.

James Gray1

First Post
Shouldn't it be "Based on the highly popular novels of Andrzej Sapkowski, which were turned into an award winning video game series by CD Projekt Red." I mean credit where credit is due. The game stories draw from the established prose.

I believe R. Talsorian drew on both Pan Sapkowski's books/short stories and CD Projekt Red's video games to make the RPG, and will likely credit both in the rulebook itself.

No doubt you are right James. But, this is good to hear. Looks like I know what booth I am hitting on Thursday. ;) I just really hope that the ruleset matches the feel of the game and the world. What a shame it would be if the ruleset was just a modded version of his Cyberpunk. The world has such a unique feel and great flavor that there is a lot that can be done. An example would be balance of characters: I can't see Dandelion the bard being as great of a fighter as a witcher.
In any case, fingers crossed. Can't wait. And glad the books are finally getting their just do. A fun read.

dbm

Savage!
Anyone got a link to a short primer on this Fuzion system?

If you’re happy to throw down the price of coffee you can get the core generic book here.

I’m really looking forward to this, both because I loved the computer game and because I’m interested in Fuzion getting another chance. It was a bit ‘dead on arrival’ when it launched.

Neat! Looking forward to seeing this when it hits stores. Curious to see how they will balance things out – If everyone has to play a Witcher or Mage, that’s pretty easy, but what happens when someone wants to play a Dandelion?

GMMichael

Guide of Modos
...Fuzion getting another chance. It was a bit ‘dead on arrival’ when it launched.

This is fascinating. Sounds like they're 1) hopefully giving a good game another chance at life or 2) beating a dead horse. The Witcher is a great franchise for option 1, but Witcher 3 does feature a dead horse pretty early in the game...

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases