Monte Cook Games' New Kickstarter Is Your Best Game Ever

Monte Cook Games has built a very successful publishing company out a a regular series of very successful, smoothly run Kickstarter campaigns. Right on cue, their next one has just been announced... but this time it's not a game. It's a book giving you advice on how to game!

Your-Best-Game-Ever-Logo-03sm-450x193.jpg

Robin D Laws might be the godfather of gaming advice books. Mike Shea (aka Sly Flourish) has also made a name for it. Monte Cook Games, creators of Numenera and No Thank You, Evil, and boasting some of the most experienced (ex)-D&D designers in the industry, is producing a coffee-table book full of "advice and suggestions for enhancing your RPG experience at the table and away from it." And they're calling it Your Best Game Ever.

"This is an insider’s look at everything that isn’t part of the game rules—building chemistry in your gaming group, making a character you will love and remember forever, running engaging and exciting games your players will always look forward to, creating thrilling adventures, finding all the right ideas, hosting memorable game nights… and that’s just for starters."

The book is aimed at both beginners and experienced gamers. It covers things like character creation, music and ambience, even food recipes for gaming night; plus, of course game balance, game prep, and more. And they're working with professionals from all corners of the RPG industry.

More if I hear it!

[FONT=&quot]Save[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Save[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Save[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Save[/FONT]

Dang, I think I have to back this. As a person who asks for this type of thing, I should put my money where my mouth is.

Last edited by a moderator:

Emerikol

Adventurer
I really like Monte Cook and this book looks interesting. Not a fan of the Cypher System and some of the game elements it uses. Still I imagine it would be hard not to get a lot out of this kind of book. Chew up the meat and spit out the bones as they say.

volanin

Adventurer
I find it weird that the article (correctly) cites Robin D. Laws and Mike Shea... while the second paragraph of the official announcement says:

"To that end, Monte Cook Games has an exciting new product to announce: A book unlike anything we—or anyone else—have done before."

I'm wondering what this book could bring to the table that nobody else has ever done.

Von Ether

Legend
MCG might have the ability to do the Wonderbook: The Illustrated Guide to Creating Imaginative Ficiton version of gaming advice, which would be a highly illustrated book of good advice and essays that strives to invoke the imagination as it imparts lessons and advice. The Wonderbook is one of my favorite books on writing and I recommend it highly.
https://youtu.be/R5JW8-9_tdc

Remove ads

Latest threads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases