Pathfinder 2 Character Sheet #1: Fumbus, Goblin Alchemist

If you've been following along with the Pathfinder 2nd Edition playtest news, you're in for a treat over the coming days. Paizo has very kindly sent me the character sheets of all six of the playtest characters, and I'll be sharing them with you one at a time over the next week or so! We'll start today with Fumbus the goblin alchemist.

But first, before we delve into the first character, here's a quick word from Paizo's Mark Seifter:

"Since the announcement of the Pathfinder Playtest, we here at Paizo have been running demos of the game at select shows, using six of our iconic characters to showcase the new rules of the game. By now, countless spoilers have been uncovered from these characters, but we are pretty sure there are a few surprises left to be uncovered. Well, get ready to dig in, because for the first time ever we are going to show off the sheets for all six of these characters.

We have all your favorite familiar iconics, Kyra the cleric, Valeros the fighter, Merisiel the rogue, Ezren the wizard, Seelah the paladin, and of course, Fumbus the goblin alchemist… hang on there, Fumbus is actually brand new to the Pathfinder Playtest! Each of the characters comes with a new sketch by Wayne Reynolds and enough information to play the character in a demo. I should note that these sheets are early drafts and while a few things have changed, the rules are mostly correct, even if the layout and look of the sheets is nothing like what you can expect to find when the game launches on August 2nd. Finally, these sheets reference a lot of the rules we have already previewed in our blogs over at Paizo.com (which you can also find summarized right here on ENWorld), so if you are confused on some of the topics, hop on over and catch up on all the news."

And now... on with the show! First up is Fumbus, the goblin alchemist.

"As an alchemist, Fumbus is all about making and throwing bombs, though he can do relatively decent damage with his dogslicer when he catches the target flat-footed to take advantage of the backstabber trait, especially against foes like zombies weak against slashing. He’s chosen both of the bombs that deal persistent damage, which between the fire and the acid can stack up to quite the damage over time, particularly on a critical hit, which he’s fairly likely to achieve targeting touch. What is most interesting is that he can make a few extra alchemical items during the game, usually on-the-fly in the middle of a fight. This gives him the flexibility to be the star of nearly any encounter."

Screen Shot 2018-07-12 at 10.48.42.png

Screen Shot 2018-07-12 at 10.48.51.png

Stay tuned, as tomorrow it's the turn of Kyra, the human cleric! And right at the end, I'll give you a handy PDF of all six, so don't worry about trying to turn these images into a PDF. I'll do it for you!

Thank you so much to Paizo for sending these along. You can read about my short playtest of the game here.
[FONT=&amp]Save[/FONT][FONT=&amp]Save[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Save[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Save[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Save[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Save[/FONT]

Last edited by a moderator:

imagineGod

Legend
Honestly, I was a bit reluctant to make the switch to "Pathfinder 2" (will that be the official name), but seeing this character sheet, is encouraging.

To be honest, it is the little things often overlooked, like the gear list showing items that are ready versus those that are stowed, which I can surely see helping minimize arguments between GM and Players, especially when PCs enter a friendly town, and their weapons and stowed first.

I also like the rules reference, will it come as standard with pregens?

Kaodi

Hero
I like the fact that alchemist's fire and acid are not hideously overpriced now. Interesting that they have changed the alchemist to actual use alchemical items for bombs rather than a proprietary mechanic.

lightblade

Explorer
I like the fact that alchemist's fire and acid are not hideously overpriced now. Interesting that they have changed the alchemist to actual use alchemical items for bombs rather than a proprietary mechanic.
The playtest has gone over to a Silver-based economy, so 3gp is equivalent to 30gp in old Pathfinder. That said, it's my understanding that the Alchemist has a daily crafting allotment for these academical items and typically won't need to worry about purchasing them.

lightblade

Explorer
The DC 20 flat check to remove persistent damage seems like a typo; It's my understanding that a flat check is just a D20 roll, and only curing it on a nat 20 seems rather poor. Perhaps it should be DC 10?

Just Jacque

First Post
The DC 20 flat check to remove persistent damage seems like a typo; It's my understanding that a flat check is just a D20 roll, and only curing it on a nat 20 seems rather poor. Perhaps it should be DC 10?

The flat check is just for it going out naturally, i.e without any player intervention. In the actual description for the Alchemist's Fire you can see you (or an ally) can end the damage with a single action.

lightblade

Explorer
The flat check is just for it going out naturally, i.e without any player intervention. In the actual description for the Alchemist's Fire you can see you (or an ally) can end the damage with a single action.
Sure, but that's not the one I'm concerned about. I'm worried about the persistent damage from the acid flask.

Ghal Maraz

Adventurer
As much as PF remains the crunchy D&D, I must say the functional and clean tag terminology goes a long way to address the mechanical weight of the system.

Much, much better than the "natural language" approach of D&D 5 (which is a lighter ruleset, so it can certainly go with a less "gamist" language, but I'm one of those people to whom rules must be rules and background is a separate thing. Not that you can't have rules filled with background faithfulness, but rules, to me, must be clear, above anything else).

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases