Here's How WFRP4 Will Handle Fate and Fortune, Resilience and Resolve

The Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 4E previews are continuing to roll in prior to the game's release next month, and this time Cubicle 7 talks a little about the points you can spend to "save your bacon in tricky situations."

Undead-Necromancer.jpg

Fortune, which you gain each day, represents destiny and luck. It can be used for rerolls, bonuses to rolls, and jumping the initiative queue.

Fate, which is harder to come by, can be used to swap death for temporary incapacitation, and ignore damage from a single event.

Resolve, gained when you act according to your character's "Motivation" represents drive and determination, makes you immune to psychology, ignore modifiers form critical wounds, or remove conditions.

Resilience, granted by the GM for important acts, lets you resist corruption and mutation, and choose rather than roll a Test.

Read more here.

pogre

Legend
Interesting. Thanks for posting this. Looks like these will be worth trying, but easily ignored if I do not like them.

ilsundal

Villager
According to the original article, fortune is not gained each day, but rather: "[FONT=&quot]You regain Fortune points at the start of each session and sometimes during play. [/FONT]"

Psikerlord#

Explorer
Publisher
Hmm interesting. I'll have to see the fine detail to decide whether any of these are good options, or too easily obtained get out of jail free cards.

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
Fate and Fortune points were an important part of 2e - in fact the fortune points rerolls mitigated somewhat the "whif-iness" of the game. If I recalled they recharged daily, so the "once per session" could be a bit of a nerf

The Resolve and Resilience... well that's new.

The bits about the release date are interesting. Anyone on the pre-order who got an email about it?

TwoSix

Dirty, realism-hating munchkin powergamer
Fate and Fortune points were an important part of 2e - in fact the fortune points rerolls mitigated somewhat the "whif-iness" of the game. If I recalled they recharged daily, so the "once per session" could be a bit of a nerf

The Resolve and Resilience... well that's new.

The bits about the release date are interesting. Anyone on the pre-order who got an email about it?
Basically, they're sorry about the delay, but they should have the PDF to us by the end of July.

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases