Pathfinder 2 Character Sheet #4: Seelah, Human Paladin

It's time for the 4th of our six reveals of the Pathfinder 2nd Edition pregenerated playtest characters. Today, we'll be looking at Seelah, the human paladin. This sheet covers some of the shield mechanics we saw in Valeros' sheet, along with various paladin powers such as Lay on Hands, Hospice Knight, Warded Touch, and Retributive Strike.

"Seelah has a few things on her sheet that might surprise you, depending on how well you know her backstory. She grew up as a pickpocket before she stole from the paladin of Iomedae who changed her life, and so she actually has Thievery, the Pickpocket feat, and Underworld Lore (I like to think that when she uses it to Practice a Trade, she’s working as a white hat consultant who helps businesses defend against criminal activity). Beyond that, her Retributive Strike punishes enemies for attacking anyone but her, and her lay on hands not only heals a target (avoiding Attacks of Opportunity and the like and usable with her shield thanks to her Warded Touch feat), but when she uses it nonselfishly to protect her allies, it also provides a boost to AC to help prevent the ally from just taking the damage again in the next round."

Screen Shot 2018-07-16 at 11.12.06.png

Screen Shot 2018-07-16 at 11.12.27.png

Keep an eye out for tomorrow's character, Merisiel, the elf rogue!
[FONT=&amp]Save[/FONT][FONT=&amp]Save[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Save[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Save[/FONT]

Kaodi

Hero
What does this Natural Ambition feat do? Valeros had it as well, and it says the stats were included in the sheets. But I oblivious as to how.

Blue

Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal
Interesting how Lay on Hands has multiple feats to adjust it - if that's true everywhere that gives a nice level of customization that characters can be very different even if the same class.

I'm all for off-table customization options - give a lot of choices to the players outside of a session when creating and advancing a character. And looking at how they are built, they get factored right in so it doesn't increase at-table complexity at all.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Interesting how Lay on Hands has multiple feats to adjust it - if that's true everywhere that gives a nice level of customization that characters can be very different even if the same class.

I'm all for off-table customization options - give a lot of choices to the players outside of a session when creating and advancing a character. And looking at how they are built, they get factored right in so it doesn't increase at-table complexity at all.

As long as the option list doesn't overwhelm the players with choice paralysis. A medium amount of significant choices at every level would be ideal, I think.

Charlaquin

Goblin Queen (She/Her/Hers)
Must act with honor eh? I guess she won't be using her Pickpocket skill much then.
Yeah, I noticed that too... Thanks to the hierarchy of the Paladin’s code of conduc though, it is technically possible to use Pickpocket without violating the code, but only if doing so would prevent an innocent from coming to harm. I could maybe see that happening if she like... nick a vial is poison off of someone if she knew they were about to use it to kill an innocent? I dunno, seems like a waste of her 1st level Skill Feat. Then again, I suppose it’s there just for flavor. She was an urchin as a child after all.

Remove ads

Latest threads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases