Warhammer FRPG 4th Ed PDF Pre-Order Goes Live on DriveThruRPG!

Cubicle 7 Entertainment have launched the digital pre-order for the forthcoming Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay Fourth Edition Rulebook on DriveThruRPG. Although not available to download right away, the pre-order means customers will be sent a download link as soon as the rulebook is uploaded. And it’s not long before we get the chance to travel back to the Old World again.

A few companies have started doing digital pre-orders with DriveThru. Monte Cook Games offered their two new core books on digital pre-order through DriveThru earlier this year, and it seems like it’s a trend that could become popular with companies.

The Fourth Edition of Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay will contain everything you need to go adventuring in the grim and perilous lands of the Old World. So get the gang together, create your (anti)heroes and set off to make your way through the vile corruption, scheming plotters and terrifying creatures intent on destruction!

Please note: Some of the links in the post above may be “affiliate links”. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item the author of this post will receive an affiliate commission.

In the grim darkness of the 1st century, you can play as a ... dwarf with an orange mohawk! A buff spiky war hamster! A rat-man ninja! A bard in a purple cowl with a stick! An Amazonian warrior with big hair and a sensible frock! Pointy-finger hat lady!

jrowland

First Post
At DriveThruRPG you can pre-order the pdf.

At Cubicle 7 you can pre-order a hard copy. Those who pre-ordered thru cubicle 7 received an advanced pdf copy (looks good so far, page references missing, good art). Not sure if you pre-order now you would get advanced pdf copy (I think the advanced pdf was more of a "sorry for the delay, thanks for sticking with us" thing)

Its a pretty hefty 345 page pdf with 'missing' maps, index, etc at the back. Looks and feels like 1st/2nd ed warhammer, so nothing crazy new. That said, it does some things differently which may or may not be popular with grognards, but looks solid and well thought out so far.

pogre

Legend
So far the rules look solid.

I am a little disappointed in the art. I'm not a fan of Zweihander, but I think they hit closer to the mark in terms of art and atmosphere. Art's not a huge deal for me, but I know it is for others.

I think fans of the Warhammer world and 2nd edition are going to be fans.

Going to sit down and make some characters with my sons this afternoon and see how it goes.

AngusA

First Post
No, C7 does not bother with Kickstarter. You had to pre-order from them.

C7 has done a number of Kickstarters but Games Workshop aren’t fans of KS for their brands. That’s why C7’s fantasy RPG, Ulisses 40k RPG and all the new board and card games have had pre-order campaigns instead of crowdfunded ones.

C7 has done a number of Kickstarters but Games Workshop aren’t fans of KS for their brands. That’s why C7’s fantasy RPG, Ulisses 40k RPG and all the new board and card games have had pre-order campaigns instead of crowdfunded ones.

Maybe they used to, but they have not in years, as far as I know. When was their last Kickstarter for an PRG product? They did not have to waste time on Kickstarter for The One Ring or Adventures in Middle-Earth or anything recent for Doctor Who. As far as I can tell, they really made their name once The One Ring released and have not needed Kickstarter since then.

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases