Paizo News Roundup: Escape from the Prison Moon, It Came from Hollow Mountain, Plane-Hopper's Handbo

Hello my lovelies and welcome back to the latest PAIZO NEWS ROUNDUP! We’re clearing out the next upcoming Adventure Paths for both Pathfinder and Starfinder, and then taking a look way out into the future for Pathfinder – that’s right, first edition still has some life in it yet! – to see how the winds are blowing for this and other favorite games. Let’s get crackin’!

We’re starting this Roundup right where we started off last time, with a look at the next upcoming Starfinder Adventure Path. The first in Starfinder’s experimental three-issue Adventure Paths, Against the Aeon Throne, continues in Starfinder Adventure Path: Escape from the Prison Moon!

You’ve fended off the mysterious and advanced Azlanti Empire from occupying a small border colony, now it’s time to suit up with the Stewards and rescue your friend from a fortress prison moon! Not only that, the experimental starship drive is still out there, and you still need to get it before the Azlanti do! Are your heroes up to the task? Can you even get past the outlaw space station? WILL YOU ADOPT A ZERO-GRAVITY PLANT? Find out, in ESCAPE FROM THE PRISON MOON!

Players will undoubtedly be excited to get their hands on this Adventure Path because of the options for advanced and unprecedented Azlanti gear available, as well as the ever-exciting statistics and deck plans for YET MORE STARSHIPS! Me, I’m here for the gazette of the Azlanti Star Empire, as well as the radioactive dragons. Didn’t I mention radioactive dragons? Well, buckle up, buttercup, they’re coming.

Next up to bat is the next installment of what I predict to be the last hurrah for Pathfinder first edition Adventure Paths and a tip of the hat to the very first Adventure Path: the Return of the Runelords AP! Coming mid-September is the second of that series, Pathfinder Adventure Path #134: It Came from Hollow Mountain!

Having staved off the incursion of yet another Runelord from taking over Roderic’s Cove, our heroes must protect a powerful magic item as it travels south to a larger city – and hopefully, to safety. Powerful magic items often have minds of their own, however, and soon your characters will be pulled into a trap-littered and monster-infested dungeon beneath the Hollow Mountain. Can you survive the test of wits, wills, and skill? Can you come away with the information you need that will save the lands from the return of the Runelords? Does your DM have the courage to prepare a megadungeon? Find out in IT CAME FROM HOLLOW MOUNTAIN!

Finally, the Paizo News Roundup looks far into the misty future of “September 2018” to divine what portents can be had from the murky whorls and phantasms. Looks like a new Pathfinder Player Companion is on the horizon, but details are scarce at the moment. What we do know is that the Pathfinder Player Companion: Plane-Hopper’s Handbook will be perfect for players who want to find characters that are weird and otherworldly even for the strange folk of Golarion. Not only will there be spells, gear, and magic items that you would expect from a Player Companion, but also expanded backgrounds from planar-influenced characters like tieflings, aasimars, and elemental scions.

That’s about all there is to it for this edition of the PAIZO NEWS ROUNDUP! We’ll keep checking in on the Plane-Hopper’s Handbook and let you know as more information tumbles down from the Golem. What are you most excited for? Personally, I’m still pulling for radioactive dragons from Escape from the Prison Moon – I still want to drop a Starfinder critter on a Pathfinder group.

This article was contributed by Ben Reece (LongGoneWrier) as part of EN World's Columnist (ENWC) program. We are always on the lookout for freelance columnists! If you have a pitch, please contact us!

Ben Reece

Ben Reece

Ghost2020

Adventurer
The last adventure path for 1st Ed Pathfinder will be Tyrant's Grasp. It deals with Tar-Baphon. Should be some pretty epic material and the first adventure has a twist for the characters.

The AP titles and authors are:
* The Dead Roads, by Ron Lundeen
* Eulogy for Rozlar's Coffer, by Jason Keely
* Last Watch, by Larry Wilhelm
* Gardens of Gallowspire, by Crystal Frasier
* Born by the Sun's Grace (Son's Grace?), by Luis Loza
* Midwives to Death, by John Compton

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases