When Rick & Morty Play D&D It Goes As You'd Expect!

There's a new cross-over comic in town, which pits Rick and Morty against D&D! Releasing today, it's by Patrick Rothfuss and Jim Zub, with art from Troy Little, and features Morty asking Rick for help learning Dungeons & Dragons.

rick-and-morty-dungeons-dragons-01-pr-1-1130385.jpg

In the comic, the heroes end up in a real fantasy adventure (of course). You can read the first few pages over at comic book.com.

"When Morty needs to learn how to play D&D to keep up with the cool kids, his hard-drinking, old school-gaming, mad science-making grandpa is happy to teach him how to roll the dice, but neither of them is prepared for the saving throws they're about to fail or the true quest yet to come. Strap on a +1 longsword and grab your 10-foot pole, because this is going to be a gaming gauntlet like no other!"

EN World's own darjr snagged a copy, and shared a photo of his spoils - or, more precisely, a certain character sheet contained within the pages.

40351968_1870788819669124_6995891895662542848_n.jpg

BookBarbarian

Expert Long Rester
I love that Ideal/Bond combo.

Well, it's nice to see Patrick has time to write things other than Doors of Stone...

I think he's got a serious case of writers block and depression related to it regarding Doors of Stone. If this helps him out of that I'm all for it.

GloomyGus

Villager
I love that Ideal/Bond combo.

I think he's got a serious case of writers block and depression related to it regarding Doors of Stone. If this helps him out of that I'm all for it.

Pat Rothfuss notably disputes the concept of "writer's block", and I haven't seen any reason to suggest that he's depressed. It's more likely that he's just taking his time to make sure he gets the third book right, and doesn't want to try to force it.

https://www.newsweek.com/kingkiller...thfuss-interview-podcast-writers-block-963165

BookBarbarian

Expert Long Rester
Pat Rothfuss notably disputes the concept of "writer's block", and I haven't seen any reason to suggest that he's depressed. It's more likely that he's just taking his time to make sure he gets the third book right, and doesn't want to try to force it.

https://www.newsweek.com/kingkiller...thfuss-interview-podcast-writers-block-963165

It's been a few months now (maybe years) but he posted to facebook about how he felt very much like when we was writing The Name of the Wind and was at a really difficult time where he wasn't enjoying writing, having difficulty with his writing, and wasn't feeling great about himself either.

Depression and writer's block are my words for that I guess.

SigmaOne

First Post
If I were Rothfuss, I'd refuse to write the next book just to spite all the people who can't keep themselves from bringing it up. (This coming from someone who has read the first two, and is looking forward to the next.)

darjr

I crit!
He should write a stand-alone book that describes the action of the other, as yet unwritten book, as an aside or flashback or fever dream of one of the other characters. In about a paragraph or two.

Remove ads

Latest threads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases