WotC Wants You To Help Shape D&D

Wow - that took quite a bit of time!

WoTC has a new D&D survey up: "What are the things that make you play D&D? The open world, opportunities to optimize your character, to tell a shared story with friends, iconic art, or maybe all of the above! Take our survey and help shape the future of what we're working on at Wizards!"

dnd.png

It's fairly long and thorough, covering various aspects of what you like about D&D, your gaming habits, how you were introduced to it, and more.

Attachments

• dnd.png
    dnd.png
    5.9 KB · Views: 23,627
Last edited by a moderator:

pogre

Legend
So many similar questions. At times I felt like I was being tested to see if I really meant what I said earlier!

MNblockhead

A Title Much Cooler Than Anything on the Old Site
I don't know why, but I always enjoy those kinds of surveys. Hopefully, it helps them continue to produce the products I enjoy.

One thing that I realized doing this survey is that pretty much all my news about D&D comes from ENworld. I just never bother visiting the WoTC web pages anymore. I wonder if them getting rid of their forums was a good idea.

Zardnaar

Legend
I don't know why, but I always enjoy those kinds of surveys. Hopefully, it helps them continue to produce the products I enjoy.

One thing that I realized doing this survey is that pretty much all my news about D&D comes from ENworld. I just never bother visiting the WoTC web pages anymore. I wonder if them getting rid of their forums was a good idea.

I mostly use ENworld as well even if lurking. I'll see what people are talking about and then go and look at some reviews. Its why I bought ToA recently but do not own SKT. I download Dragon+ but barely read it and avoid social media like the plague now as its cancer.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
I don't use ENWorld for news, way too slow and behind the curve. I use Twitter and Reddit for news, ENWorld is for discussion.

Blue

Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal
Decent survey. I like that they approached the same topic from different directions so bad wording on one doesn't throw off averages.

For the "first played/DM'd D&D" options I don't think they will get what they want from my responses. I started before the internet, so none of those options were selected. But if they asked "how would I get someone into D&D now" it would be very different. For example: watching Critical Role with my daughters.

When they were asking about what's important, there were questions about designing/roleplaying characters, and questions about forcing combat, but there were no questions about achieving goals and/or avoiding combat through roleplay or clever play. And just one about puzzles.

SkidAce

Legend
Supporter
I don't use ENWorld for news, way too slow and behind the curve. I use Twitter and Reddit for news, ENWorld is for discussion.

That's fascinating.

When ENworld was previewing 3rd edition, it was the fastest and most complete repository of news.

Times change....weird.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
When ENworld was previewing 3rd edition, it was the fastest and most complete repository of news.

It's a different environment. Back then there were tons of news and rumours about the upcoming game to collate. In the run-up to 4E, 5E, Pathfinder 2, I did the same, and I'm sure I will for 6E if/when it ever happens. But in the middle of an edition's cycle, especially one with far fewer releases, there's just less news to talk about. At least in terms of official 5E product releases. Even so, I've scooped plenty of them ahead of time over the last few years. As for fastest - well, I updated it daily then, much like I do now, except these days we have additional columnists adding info about a wider range of games too.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
It's interesting that one of the questions is "Have you ever played Dungeons & Dragons tabletop RPG?" -- I assume this survey is meant for a much wider audience, then.

Yikes, it's a long one!

Remove ads

Latest threads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases