The Last Paizo Roundup: Diaspora Strain, Temple of the Peacock Spirit, Construct Handbook, Martial A

Hello my friends and welcome to the PAIZO NEWS ROUNDUP! In fact the very last Paizo News Roundup! Don’t worry, your friendly and cheerful Paizo news isn’t going anywhere - due a shift in demand, we’re going to be firing off our flavor-blasted updates as soon as we get them, rather than collecting them all into a regular column. Probably going to need a name change, too; I’m thinking the PAIZO NEWSFLASH, but I’d love to hear what you folks think in the comments. And now, THE NEWS!

The big news obviously is the release of the Starfinder Alien Archive 2, but we’ve already covered the preview stuff extensively. As soon as we can crack into the book itself you’ll see a review here! What we’re focusing on here is the newest Adventure Path!

Starfinder Adventure Path #10: The Diaspora Strainis the first of the Signal of Screams Adventure Path, another of the Starfinder-exclusive three-adventure experimental Paths. This adventure sees 7th-level characters vacationing at a luxury asteroid resort when, predictably, everything goes horribly wrong! A terrifying delirium strikes the guests and the characters must save the day even as they struggle to maintain their sanity!

In addition to the pulpy goodness of the adventure itself, The Diaspora Strain also comes with plenty of toys to spice up your campaign. There are several different types of Corruptions, likely the delirium that strikes the guests, which can grant characters powerful abilities at the cost of their sanity. Players will also jump at the chance for a joyride in the new sleek security vessel, and perhaps even the horror-themed feats, spells, and themes. GMs will appreciate the advice for running horror campaigns, as well as a host of new alien terrors to feed your characters to. Delightful!

Return of the Runelords
is back and with a new chapter! Pathfinder Adventure Path: Temple of the Peacock Spirit is the fourth in the Return of the Runelords Adventure Path and chronicles the rise of the mysterious cult of the Peacock Spirit. The cult’s stronghold in the Kodar Mountains is a tough nut to crack, made all the more difficult by the return of Runelord Xanderghul. Are your characters up to the challenge?

That’s not the only breath of life in the still-pumping chest of Pathfinder 1E! Two more setting books are on their way, one for GMs and one for players. The Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Construct Handbook is perfect for GMs who want to expand on the extensive collection of clockworks, golems, and robots already found in Golarion (thanks, commenters!). Rules for building and modifying constructs are all in here, as well as new archetypes, magic items, and specific constructs are all to be had for a game itching for that technomagic feel.

Finally, what would Pathfinder be without another book dedicated to giving fighters even more ways to hit things with their axe (or sword, or fist)? The Pathfinder Player Companion: Martial Arts Handbookis the answer to that rhetorical question, giving players a broader selection of fighting styles, maneuvers, feats, combinations feats, style feats, and new options for qinggong monks, ninjas, and kineticists. I gotta say, they’re really pulling out the creative stops for this last book, because I can’t wait to see what’s in store for battle dancers and the BLACK POWDER VAULTERS OF ALKENSTAR! I mean, come on, how much cooler of a name can you get?

That about does it for this edition of the PAIZO NEWS ROUNDUP! See you next time in the PAIZO NEWSFLASH (or otherwise, if you guys can think of a better name)!

This article was contributed by Ben Reece (LongGoneWriter) as part of EN World's Columnist (ENWC) program. We are always on the lookout for freelance columnists! If you have a pitch, please contact us!

Ben Reece

Ben Reece

Birmy

Adventurer
If these things are just going to get reported as regular news items, would a name change even be necessary if there's no column to name?

Last edited by a moderator:

marroon69

Explorer
I agree "The Last Paizo Roundup" seem to feel like this is it....maybe just "The Paizo Roundup" since they are continuing to publish content (which I enjoy)

Tristissima

Explorer
I must say ~ as a worshiper of the real-world entity that I imagine the Peacock Spirit is at least partially inspired by, I am SUPER EXCITE for this installment of the Adventure Paths. I have long wanted to know more about what Paizo is doing with them, and have been disappointed at the spare bits of lore scattered about. Now I get to see all the details, and I can't wait!

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases