Starting Quests: Two Page Preview for Dungeon of the Mad Mage

WotC's Nathan Stewart has shared two pages from the overview of the upcoming adventure, Dungeon of the Mad Mage, as a reward tier for his Extra Life charity fundraising efforts. This two-page spread shows a section on adventure hooks and starting quests.

dotmm1.jpg
dotmm2.jpg

"Thank you to everyone has already donated to [Extra Life] you are so amazing. Together we have raised over $123k thru the D&D team so far. As a reward for the very generous weekend of donors on my page here is a 2 page preview spread from Dungeon of the Mad Mage." - Nathan Stewart.

The book will be a megadungeon that runs from Level 6-20 that details 23 different levels to Undermountain each with their own feel and theme, along with a full detailing of Skullport. It's stated in the video that running the module with weekly sessions will take at least eight months. Waterdeep: Dungeon of the Mad Mage will be out November 13, 2018, with an MSRP of $49.95.

machineelf

Explorer
Love that art. I was a little worried about how this book would come together, but reading these pages makes me feel better and more excited about it.

Henry

Autoexreginated
Pimple-faced teenager carrying what looks like a wooden sword into Undermountain? Perhaps the title of that art should be "Feeding time at Undermountain"... :)

Satyrn

First Post
Interesting.

For my megadungeon campaign I set up starting quests like the hunt for magic items. On top of the cash, selling the item also nets XP.

I also set up XP rewards for being the first adventurers to map areas . . . and actually return the map topside to The Cartographer. This one is actually meant to the primary method of gaining XP, since monsters are worth only a quarter of their listed XP.

Aiden_Keller_

First Post
Interesting.

For my megadungeon campaign I set up starting quests like the hunt for magic items. On top of the cash, selling the item also nets XP.

I also set up XP rewards for being the first adventurers to map areas . . . and actually return the map topside to The Cartographer. This one is actually meant to the primary method of gaining XP, since monsters are worth only a quarter of their listed XP.

Agreed.

Remove ads

Latest threads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases