Dungeon of the Mad Mage Delayed By One Week!

For those waiting for November 2nd's release of Waterdeep: Dungeon of the Mad Mage, there's some bad news -- it looks like the book is being delayed by a week due to a printing issue. WotC says "Halaster is at it again! Because of a hex he cast upon the printing presses in our world, Waterdeep: Dungeon of the Mad Mage, Waterdeep: Dungeon of the Mad Mage Maps & Miscellany & Waterdeep: Dragon Heist Dice Set will be in game stores on Nov. 9 & everywhere else on November 20."

For those waiting for November 2nd's release of Waterdeep: Dungeon of the Mad Mage, there's some bad news -- it looks like the book is being delayed by a week due to a printing issue. WotC says "Halaster is at it again! Because of a hex he cast upon the printing presses in our world, Waterdeep: Dungeon of the Mad Mage, Waterdeep: Dungeon of the Mad Mage Maps & Miscellany & Waterdeep: Dragon Heist Dice Set will be in game stores on Nov. 9 & everywhere else on November 20."

dmmd.jpg

BMaC

Adventurer
WotC seems to have a recurring issue with printers--whether it was the Chinese outfit that messed up the early run of core books are the more recent issues with Mordenkainen's tome of foes. What gives?

A

André Soares

Have there been a discussion on the topic of selling maps separately and charging nearly $25 for them already?

Yeah, that seems scummy to me. More so in an AP that is a giant dungeon. Those maps, should be part of the package in the Book.

jasper

Rotten DM
Have there been a discussion on the topic of selling maps separately and charging nearly $25 for them already?
yes yes there has been. Results. Those who don't like it are poor fools. Those who do like it are fools with money. Your point. Oh I got my maps for $19.92

machineelf

Explorer
If I'm not mistaken, It's a map pack with multiple maps, and they are vinyl, not the tear out paper kind. But yeah it can get kind of expensive these days. The big maps are not really needed to run the adventure though.

D'oh.
Oh well, printing errors happen. Sucks, but delays are better than product recalls. And one week is not that bad: I remember when the Pathfinder Strategy Guide was delayed by several months because the printer effed the run.

Dice look okay. Haven't decided if I'll get them. Don't use most of the dice I already have, but the hit point tracker is keen.

Happy WotC is following Paizo and putting out map pack expansions for their adventures. I like that they're still keeping the essential folded poster map stuck to the insider cover (like we've had in three adventures) rather than moving those to the map packs. And the "Maps and Miscellany" title also means they can slip in cool things like handouts if necessary.

dave2008

Legend

I think these are additional high quality maps. I believe the book still contains the maps it normally would. Also, as [MENTION=37579]Jester David[/MENTION] mentioned, it is something Paizo apparently does regularly - so it must be a good idea! ;)

Remove ads

Remove ads