Dungeon of the Mad Mage Level 15: The Obstacle Course

Nathan Stewart just Tweeted out another preview from the upcoming adventure book, as follows:

"I'm inspired by the #dnd community. Your generous donations are rolling in for our 2018 [MENTION=6804981]ExT[/MENTION]raLife4Kids campaign. So keep it up and in the meantime here is another preview spoiler (don't tell [MENTION=10360]Greg[/MENTION]tito he's at Twitchcon so no one is stopping me)." https://t.co/TTZ4bBClSu https://t.co/dwfQodW1Rc

Hmmm, the link provided does not take me to the preview. Any help pointing me to where I can see the preview?

Henry

Autoexreginated
Sheer Freakin' Genius:

"...as well as add a magical, mean-spirited announcer that taunts visitors as they blunder from one room to another."

My players would kill me. :)

"Oooh, that looks like a nasty hit for the dwarf -- looks like HE's not gonna have the stones to face that Hook Horror again! And up comes the ROGUE FROM BEHIND, TRYING TO SNEAK UP AND GET A NASTY BLOW! Oooh, but the creature somehow knew he was coming, imagine that... The Hook Horror is going for the lay up, he's got 'em by the long and curvies, CAN HE DO IT?!?! HE

COULD...

GO...

ALL...

THE...

WAY!"

doctheweasel

Explorer
Sheer Freakin' Genius:

"...as well as add a magical, mean-spirited announcer that taunts visitors as they blunder from one room to another."

My players would kill me. :)

I'm tempted to add another voice whom the announcer will occasionally talk to and that may only speak in some arcane language.

"Wow, they're really burning through that healing. It may sustain them now, but they could be setting themselves up for failure later. How do you think that strategy is going to play out for them, Glorb?"

"Dughk Raam ien tkthu. Choar fooch tuk Mauag dorfre jka jka oop shallak. Ungk toor fuul khror malack."

"That's right, they are. They gotta hope there are no creatures with petrification down the line. Now back to the action ..."

Von Ether

Legend
I'm tempted to add another voice whom the announcer will occasionally talk to and that may only speak in some arcane language.

"Wow, they're really burning through that healing. It may sustain them now, but they could be setting themselves up for failure later. How do you think that strategy is going to play out for them, Glorb?"

"Dughk Raam ien tkthu. Choar fooch tuk Mauag dorfre jka jka oop shallak. Ungk toor fuul khror malack."

"That's right, they are. They gotta hope there are no creatures with petrification down the line. Now back to the action ..."

Mandatory research: The announcers in Best in Show.
https://youtu.be/yeifMjqpsg0

Retreater

Legend
I'm still not getting a good idea of what this book is. After seeing these previews and reading the synopsis, I still can't tell what kind of book it is. I mean, is this an entire campaign's worth of encounters with actual maps, room descriptions, etc., or is it just sort of an overview of the dungeon with a few sample areas detailed on each level? Is it "roll on these random charts and make your own dungeon?" (which is what I remember the 2nd edition Undermountain being like - just lots of empty space).

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases