Ravnica & Dungeon of the Mad Mage Are In Stores Today!
  • Ravnica & Dungeon of the Mad Mage Are In Stores Today!


    D&D books are a lot like buses. You wait ages for one, and then suddenly two are released on the same day! Anyway, today's the day that Guildmaster's Guide to Ravnica and Waterdeep: Dungeon of the Mad Mage hit game stores, so this is your reminder to head on down to your friendly (or not so friendly) local (or not so local) game store and grab your copies! They'll hit Amazon and other stores on November 20th.







    Note that there are find delays in some locations. WotC has announced:

    ĒD&D just got word some game stores may not have copies of Guildmastersí Guide to Ravnica & Waterdeeep: Dungeon of the Mad Mage available on November 9, due to continued printing delays. Affected stores will be getting their shipments in very soon, likely within a few days.

    Halaster Blackcloak tried to make sure Waterdeep: Dungeon of the Mad Mage wasnít impacted but even an all-powerful wizard canít make silly human trucks move faster.

    We apologize for the delay. We want to adventure in Ravnica & Undermountain as soon as possible! Check with your friendly local game store to determine whether they have copies available on Friday, November 9th.Ē
    Comments 30 Comments
    1. Ath-kethin's Avatar
      Ath-kethin -
      The core rules gift sets should be out today, too, for those of us who are interested.
    1. Nate1970's Avatar
      Nate1970 -
      I think gift set is the 16th in stores and 20th online places like Amazon
    1. A Stray Cat's Avatar
      A Stray Cat -
      Both are also available digitally on D&D Beyond right now. I believe I saw a tweet last night saying that some local stores might not have the two available quite yet due to printing delays, so call ahead if it's not too local. Tweet: https://twitter.com/Wizards_DnD/stat...41191367073792

    1. darjr's Avatar
      darjr -
      They are at GameHoleCon as well, if you have friends there, bug em!
    1. TerraDave's Avatar
      TerraDave -
      By 5e standards there really have been a flood of new releases.

      I should probably go to a game store...
    1. smiteworks's Avatar
      smiteworks -
      Fantasy Grounds versions are available now too with some custom FG-exclusive versions of the maps to go along with the included black and white line-drawing style versions. Ravnica includes a custom adventure outline generator using the story templates feature in FG and Mad Mage has an adventure crib sheet that makes navigation easy.

      Dungeon of the Mad Mage on Fantasy Grounds



      Guildmaster's Guide to Ravnica on Fantasy Grounds

    1. Pagansexy's Avatar
      Pagansexy -
      Can't wait to see some reviews of the maps sets.
    1. FitzTheRuke's Avatar
      FitzTheRuke -
      I own a store. We have Ravnica but not Mad Mage, much to my disappointment.
    1. Faenor's Avatar
      Faenor -
      My local gaming store that normally gets the early releases didn't have either this morning. Cited printing problems.
    1. Faenor's Avatar
      Faenor -
      Quote Originally Posted by Faenor View Post
      My local gaming store that normally gets the early releases didn't have either this morning. Cited printing problems.
      In Houston
    1. Xaelvaen's Avatar
      Xaelvaen -
      Got my Guildmaster's Guide on D&D Beyond this morning, and have been reading through it extensively. Consider me a satisfied consumer.
    1. Jester David's Avatar
      Jester David -
      Delayed at my FLGS.
      Might just end up getting it from Amazon then, since Iíll get it about the same time.
    1. LordEntrails's Avatar
      LordEntrails -
      Quote Originally Posted by Jester David View Post
      Delayed at my FLGS.
      Might just end up getting it from Amazon then, since Iíll get it about the same time.
      I would think that if the WPN outlets are getting delays, the general outlets (including Amazon) would get delayed too. I can't see WotC hanging the FLGSs out like that.
    1. Mercador's Avatar
      Mercador -
      Quote Originally Posted by Ath-kethin View Post
      The core rules gift sets should be out today, too, for those of us who are interested.
      I don't see them yet in my part of the world. Though, Ravnica and Mad Mage are out in the wild.
    1. Parmandur's Avatar
      Parmandur -
      Just spoke with my WPN FLGS, they have my order of Mad Mage but Ravnica is delayed.
    1. Jester David's Avatar
      Jester David -
      Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
      I would think that if the WPN outlets are getting delays, the general outlets (including Amazon) would get delayed too. I can't see WotC hanging the FLGSs out like that.
      Not really.
      FLGS delays are happening because they arenít getting the books. Amazon isnít selling them not because they donít have them, but because the release date hasnít been reached.

      If Amazon doesnít have them in ten days, then FLGS wonít. I doubt theyíll delay the release dates from Amazon again. Not this close to the release.
      Itís unfortunate, but unavoidable.
    1. LordEntrails's Avatar
      LordEntrails -
      Quote Originally Posted by Jester David View Post
      Not really.
      FLGS delays are happening because they arenít getting the books. Amazon isnít selling them not because they donít have them, but because the release date hasnít been reached.

      If Amazon doesnít have them in ten days, then FLGS wonít. I doubt theyíll delay the release dates from Amazon again. Not this close to the release.
      Itís unfortunate, but unavoidable.
      Well, if FLGS shipment (and hence probably production) is 3 days delayed (just a WAG), then It would seem to me that Amazon shipments would be delayed a similar amount. Probably less because you can expedite things to some extent.

      Also, I assume (yes assume!) that Amazon normally gets their shipments early and then they hold them until the release date. So yea, maybe all locations will get their books on the 15th and then there will be no impact to Amazon shipments since they will still get them before they are allowed to ship them.

      So yea, you probably are right.
    1. Mercador's Avatar
      Mercador -
      Quote Originally Posted by Xaelvaen View Post
      Got my Guildmaster's Guide on D&D Beyond this morning, and have been reading through it extensively. Consider me a satisfied consumer.
      On 5 stars?
    1. Ath-kethin's Avatar
      Ath-kethin -
      My FLGS says that production delays pushed the core book gift sets but they have Mad Mage and Ravnica. I didn't verify myself since the core set is all I was interested in; I just called and talked to their RPG manager person.

      I may have misheard re: Mad Mage, but I'm pretty sure she said they have it.
    1. Dire Bare's Avatar
      Dire Bare -
      Quote Originally Posted by Jester David View Post
      Delayed at my FLGS.
      Might just end up getting it from Amazon then, since Iíll get it about the same time.
      Jester, you might end up saving money . . . but everytime you purchase from Amazon instead of your FLGS, a beholder loses an eyestalk.
    Comments Leave Comment