Unearthed Arcana Unearthed Arcana: Of Ships and The Sea

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
This month's Unearthed Arcana, from WotC, is all about sailors! "Ships, officers, crew, and hazards on the high seas—those are the focus of this month’s Unearthed Arcana." It's a 9-page PDF with ship stat blocks form airships to galleys, information of crews, and rules for sea travel and hazards. There's also information on owning and managing your ship!

Screenshot 2018-11-13 at 12.47.59.png

Attachments

• Screenshot 2018-11-13 at 12.47.59.png
    Screenshot 2018-11-13 at 12.47.59.png
    551.7 KB · Views: 21,972

Parmandur

Book-Friend
I'm actually wondering if this is a stealth playtest for spelljammer.

Spelljammer rules are already in Dungeon of the Mad Mage. There have been indications that there will be a high seas AP along the Sword Coast in the near future, though Spelljammer could get in there easily enough.

cbwjm

Seb-wejem
Spelljammer rules are already in Dungeon of the Mad Mage. There have been indications that there will be a high seas AP along the Sword Coast in the near future, though Spelljammer could get in there easily enough.
Oh okay, cool. I hadn't heard of the high seas AP and had thought that the spell jamming in mad mage was only a minor reference.

A high seas adventure along the Sword Coast would reasonably involve the pirates of the Nelanther Isles, which aren't terribly far from Lantan. So it could definitely be a way to combine both.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Oh okay, cool. I hadn't heard of the high seas AP and had thought that the spell jamming in mad mage was only a minor reference.

The Mad Mage has rules for Spelljamming, through a Spelljamming Helm item. Doesn't preclude Spelljamming making it into another AP, but the Mad Mage provides the rules to do it.

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases