Bloodweavers: Primal Power Coursing Through Their Veins

There's another new class over on EN5ider, the 5th Edition Patreon, this week! Bloodweavers use the primal power coursing through their veins to enhance their own abilities, heal or bolster allies, and debilitate or kill their foes. Many fear them for their control over the substance of life but those that can see past this superstitious dread often find powerful allies.

There's another new class over on EN5ider, the 5th Edition Patreon, this week! Bloodweavers use the primal power coursing through their veins to enhance their own abilities, heal or bolster allies, and debilitate or kill their foes. Many fear them for their control over the substance of life but those that can see past this superstitious dread often find powerful allies.

blood.jpg

Recently on EN5ider:

• #240. Bloodweaver: Basic Class Information. Bloodweavers use the primal power coursing through their veins to enhance their own abilities, heal or bolster allies, and debilitate or kill their foes. Many fear them for their control over the substance of life but those that can see past this superstitious dread often find powerful allies.
  • #239. Geomancer: Advanced Class Information. Last month EN5ider, the 5E Patreon, introduced the Geomancer class. In this week's article, Josh Gentry provides you with three new geomancer orders - Order of the Apothecary (mystical healers), Order of the Architect (builders and protectors), and Order of the Rune Knight (wielders of elements in war). Illustrated by Julio Rocha and Tan Ho Sim.
  • #238. ZEITGEIST #5 (Part 2) - Cauldron Born. The conspiracy continues in Flint's dark underbelly. Now at the king’s command it is time for the Royal Homeland Constabulary to rip this threat from its shadowy womb beneath the haunted mountain named Cauldron Hill and thrust it into the light of day.
  • #237. Backstory Feats. An adventurer’s background doesn’t need to end when they begin the adventuring life. The skills learned in an adventurer’s past can grow and develop into lifelong skills throughout their adventuring career. This set of 13 feats uses the 13 core backgrounds as prerequisites and represents the advancement and integration of their old skills with their new experience. The Grifter feat allows a character with the charlatan background to fleece marks like a master, and the Old Salt feat allows a character with the sailor background true mastery over the nautical arts.
  • #236. Expanded Races: Half-Orc. This selection of half-orc subraces includes the barbaric Bloodrager, fiendish Brimskin, deadly Deeplurker, industrious Forgemaker, draconic Scalefang, and the primal Spiritspeaker. By Chris Davies; illustrated by Xanditz.
  • #235. Geomancer: Basic Class Information. The Geomancer class is a spellcaster who uses the environment to tailor their magic, turning the surrounding elements into potent weapons and tools.
  • #234. Monstrous Menagerie: Mythological Spooks. Meet the ghostly Acheri, the cruel Cuca, or the warped Rabisu with these three new monsters sure to liven up your Halloween!
  • #233. Metropolitan Arcana. Twelve new spells for various classes, designed for urban environments. Whether evading guards, catching thieves, or navigating dark alleys, these spells are the mainstay of the city-born caster. Carvel's convoked conveyance, dubious aura, hellish handshake, and verminous shroud are just some of the spells found here, ranging from 1st-8th level spells.

Ymdar

Explorer
What happened to Sorcerers who use the primal power coursing through their veins to enhance their own abilities, heal or bolster allies, and debilitate or kill their foes?

Mike Myler

Have you been to LevelUp5E.com yet?
What happened to Sorcerers who use the primal power coursing through their veins to enhance their own abilities, heal or bolster allies, and debilitate or kill their foes?

They're getting blessed with abilities by virtue of birth or something other than taking the matter material (the good stuff, the blood) and reworking it into magical power. There's no real use of blood as a component, only as the horse to drag their mage-cart around.

TwoSix

Dirty, realism-hating munchkin powergamer
Maybe I'm missing something, but shouldn't the sanguine disciplines be included in the document?

Mike Myler

Maybe I'm missing something, but shouldn't the sanguine disciplines be included in the document?

They're too lengthy to put into the same document (about 15 pages--also too big to break into bits for Basic/Advanced) but they should be posting soon (maybe today, maybe tomorrow). I left a note in the title of the class' internal documents but I think there's some reticence about two postings in one day. Sorry about the delay!

TwoSix

They're too lengthy to put into the same document (about 15 pages--also too big to break into bits for Basic/Advanced) but they should be posting soon (maybe today, maybe tomorrow). I left a note in the title of the class' internal documents but I think there's some reticence about two postings in one day. Sorry about the delay!
Ok, no problem. I got the basic idea of the class (Con mage, using a lot of the old psionic trappings), but obviously it's difficult to fully evaluate without the disciplines. I'm excited to see them, this could be better than the geomancer if the execution is tight.

TwoSix

Spoken like:

1. A phlebotomist.
2. A serial killer.
3. Me, for about six months in ninth grade. We don't talk about that time, and I've burned all the photographic evidence.
It puts the XP in the basket or else it gets the hose again.

Mike Myler

*chanting to himself*
Do not devolve into Warhammer 40k memes.
*grips his aquila zealously*

Remove ads

Remove ads