Today's The Last Day Of Voting For The Most Anticipated Tabletop RPGs Of 2019!
  • Poll: Vote For The Most Anticipated Tabletop RPGs Of 2019!

    Today's The Last Day Of Voting For The Most Anticipated Tabletop RPGs Of 2019!


    It's time to start voting for your 10 Most Anticipated Tabletop RPGs for 2019! Nominations were taken earlier this month, resulting in a list of nearly 60 games, and voting will remain open until Tuesday, December 4th. You may vote for more than one game. To qualify, a game must be a standalone RPG, NOT a supplement, setting, adventure, sourcebook, expansion, or accessory, it must be currently scheduled for a 2018 release, and it must have received at least one nomination last week. Last year's winner, Vampire The Masquerade 5th Edition, is pictured below.




    PREVIOUS WINNERS
    2013 13th Age
    2015 Star Wars Force & Destiny
    2016 Rifts for Savage Worlds
    2017 Trudvang Chronicles
    2018 Vampire The Masquerade 5th Edition





    NOTE - THE POLL DOESN'T SHOW IN TAPATALK OR THE EN WORLD APP. YOU WILL NEED TO VISIT THIS PAGE ON A WEB BROWSER. SORRY!
    Comments 60 Comments
    1. Morrus's Avatar
      Morrus -
      Quote Originally Posted by TrippyHippy View Post
      Did you pick up the note about Cyberpunk Red (above)?
      What would you like me to do with the note about Cyberpunk Red (above)?
    1. TrippyHippy's Avatar
      TrippyHippy -
      Quote Originally Posted by Morrus View Post
      What would you like me to do with the note about Cyberpunk Red (above)?
      Well, just with it being evidence of development towards a new game, to be potentially anticipated?
    1. Morrus's Avatar
      Morrus -
      Quote Originally Posted by TrippyHippy View Post
      Well, just with it being evidence of development towards a new game, to be potentially anticipated?
      The poll only contains games which were nominated in the previous thread.
    1. Inchoroi's Avatar
      Inchoroi -
      The only two things that I have any interest in on this specific list is the new 7th Sea book and Eclipse Phase 2e. I'll probably never get to run or play either, but I love the worldbuilding.
    1. TrippyHippy's Avatar
      TrippyHippy -
      Quote Originally Posted by Morrus View Post
      The poll only contains games which were nominated in the previous thread.
      Oh well, I'll just anticipate it in my own time then!
    1. Badvoc's Avatar
      Badvoc -
      I voted for the two things that I'll probably end up grabbing: Forbidden Lands and Dredd.

      Great list though - quite a few games I wasn't previously aware of that I'll be sure to check out.
    1. WolfhillRPG's Avatar
      WolfhillRPG -
      Shameless plug!
      Can we add the inaugural release from Wolfhill Entertainment, "The Sunken Temple of Chloren-Var" to the list?

      But Cyberpunk 2077 and New Pathfinder are high on my list.
    1. Morrus's Avatar
      Morrus -
      Quote Originally Posted by WolfhillRPG View Post
      Shameless plug!
      Can we add the inaugural release from Wolfhill Entertainment, "The Sunken Temple of Chloren-Var" to the list?
      Sorry, I canít add things to the list. They need to have been nominated in the previous stage. Besides, voting ends in a couple of days.
    1. WolfhillRPG's Avatar
      WolfhillRPG -
      I figured as much. I failed my Charisma roll anyways =)
    1. Morrus's Avatar
      Morrus -
      Quote Originally Posted by WolfhillRPG View Post
      I figured as much. I failed my Charisma roll anyways =)
      Plus I canít even find that using Google. It sounds like an adventure, rather than an RPG?
    1. TrippyHippy's Avatar
      TrippyHippy -
      Quote Originally Posted by Morrus View Post
      Sorry, I canít add things to the list. They need to have been nominated in the previous stage. Besides, voting ends in a couple of days.
      I think the issue with Cyberpunk was that it was nominated as Cyberpunk 2077, but was removed on the grounds that there was little evidence of any actual development. However, as pointed out in the link above, there is apparently development of Cyberpunk: Red which is from the same company but is set at an earlier date in the setting.
    1. Morrus's Avatar
      Morrus -
      Quote Originally Posted by TrippyHippy View Post
      I think the issue with Cyberpunk was that it was nominated as Cyberpunk 2077, but was removed on the grounds that there was little evidence of any actual development. However, as pointed out in the link above, there is apparently development of Cyberpunk: Red which is from the same company but is set at an earlier date in the setting.
      If people don't know the name they can't have been anticipating it that much! Anyhow, it wasn't a valid nomination. The bar for nominations was set pretty low - just type the actual name of the game!
    1. Aeson's Avatar
      Aeson -
      Quote Originally Posted by 77IM View Post
      Wait, what? They're working on a 4th edition of Fading Suns?!?!?
      I said the same thing. I learned of the game when I play tested Noble Armada. Is Holistic Designs still involved? I think it was sold to another company. I still have the Noble Armada game. I also have a Fading Suns mug they gave me for the play test. The world seemed intriguing. I would definitely look into this if it happens.

      Edit
      https://www.ulisses-us.com/games/fading-suns/

      Looks like it's in the works.
    1. Jhaelen -
      Quote Originally Posted by Aeson View Post
      Is Holistic Designs still involved? I think it was sold to another company.
      [...]
      https://www.ulisses-us.com/games/fading-suns/
      I recall that Red Brick had picked up 'Fading Suns'. They had also picked up 'Earthdawn' among several other interesting systems and released a pretty good new edition of the rules and all supplements.

      It's interesting that Ulisses has now picked it up. They're one of the biggest RPG publishers in Germany, mostly thanks to 'The Dark Eye' ("Das Schwarze Auge").
    1. trancejeremy's Avatar
      trancejeremy -
      So much on that list are retreads - either new versions of old games, new games based on IP that already had games, or deluxe versions.

      With that said, the one I'm looking forward to is pretty much that, Paladin using Pendragon for Charlemagne instead of Arthur. But I've always thought that cycle of stories (the Matter of France) had been neglected in recent times, even though they used to be nearly as popular.
    1. 77IM's Avatar
      77IM -
      Quote Originally Posted by Aeson View Post
      I said the same thing. I learned of the game when I play tested Noble Armada. Is Holistic Designs still involved? I think it was sold to another company. I still have the Noble Armada game. I also have a Fading Suns mug they gave me for the play test. The world seemed intriguing. I would definitely look into this if it happens.

      Edit
      https://www.ulisses-us.com/games/fading-suns/

      Looks like it's in the works.
      I read some of these design diaries. It's being designed by Bill Bridges, with Andrew Greenberg one of the playtesters. The rules are wildly divergent from earlier editions; I'm cautiously optimistic, because I didn't really like the 1e/2e rules (except for the core mechanic, which is being retained). They also updated the metaplot timeline to the year 5018, but like their previous updates, the changes to the overall setting are very light. One thing I loved from earlier editions is the artwork, and while the design diaries have been reusing classic pieces, they haven't really touched on what the new edition's art would be like.
    1. Morrus's Avatar
      Morrus -
      Today is the last day of voting!
    1. Morrus's Avatar
      Morrus -
      Voting is over, folks! The 10 most anticipated RPGs for 2019 will be posted in the next few days!
    1. Morrus's Avatar
      Morrus -
      The results have been posted!

      http://www.enworld.org/forum/content...p-RPGs-Of-2019!

      Couple of items in the poll which didn't qualify:

      DCC Lankmar is a setting for the DCC RPG not a standalone game.


      Warhammer 40K Wrath & Glory is already available.
    1. abrahan's Avatar
      abrahan -
      The model is unworthy of the quality of Warhammer 40K, a large gray block without nuances or artistic research, with illustrations pasted on the bottom like pancakes. Incredible that GW allowed this.


      __________________________________________________ ______________________________
      ShowBox Tutuapp Mobdro
    Comments Leave Comment