Gift Ideas for the D&D Gamer

December means gift guides. Whether you're shopping for the gamer in your life or want to show some appreciation for your GM, I've got suggestions for you, focusing on the world's greatest role-playing game.
If your GM or that certain someone in your life is reading Guildmaster's Guide to Ravnica to introduce some Magic the Gathering lore into their Dungeons & Dragons game, a great gift might be the matching official dice. Packaged with an attractive storage tin, the set includes one d20, one d12, two d10s, one d8, four d6s, one d4, and one guild die at a suggested retail price of $24.95.
While Ravnica dice can be used by players and GMs, the Treasure Decks by Nord Games are officially designated as Game Master Tools. Each card features a variety of mundane, magical and monetary rewards for characters, all customized for 5th Edition D&D. The decks come in different ranges – CR 1-4, CR 5-8, CR 9-12, CR 13-16 and CR 17-20. I use these almost every week in my D&D home game and my players love what they get. Available for purchase from the Nord Games' website, they retail for $15 each.

For a more player-centered gift, dice from Studio 6D6 could be a hit. Who doesn't love dice? My favorites are the Magic Missile dice which are stylish and guarantee that you'll never forget its namesake spell's +1 damage. Pumpkin dice, Fireball D6s, Lightning Bolt D6s, Frost Dice, Sneak Attack Dice, Death Magic Dice and Acid Damage Dice are other cool options. Price varies by dice type but are quite affordable.

If you have a heftier budget for gifts or just really like your GM, Wizards of the Coast has two beautiful options, both of which come in regular and limited edition versions.
The Dungeons & Dragons Core Rulebooks Gift Set is a great way to replace heavily used and beat-up core books. The set comes in a slipcover edition with the Dungeon Masters Screen Reincarnated. The regular version has the same covers as the normal core books while the limited edition version features artwork by Hydro74 and the same Soft Touch finish used on the limited editions of Xanathar's Guide to Everything and Mordenkainen's Tome of Foes. The suggested retail price of the limited edition set is $169.99.

While not a game book, the Dungeons & Dragons Art and Arcana Special Edition is downright gorgeous. The team of Michael Witwer, Kyle Newman, Jon Peterson, Sam Witwer and Joe Manganiello received remarkable access to create a detailed look at the visual history of D&D. This slipcased edition has a suggested retail price of $125.

For more gift ideas, see your most-voted recommendations for game masters. Happy holidays and happy gaming!

This article was contributed by Beth Rimmels (brimmels) as part of EN World's Columnist (ENWC) program. If you enjoy the daily news and articles from EN World, please consider contributing to our Patreon!!

Beth Rimmels

Beth Rimmels

The Ravnica dice set (and tin) look quite nice. But I think I’d go with the Dragon Heist dice as a gift on account of the HP tracker included. Useful device, that.

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases