Pathfinder Player Companion: Wilderness Origins to Debut in Late January 2019

It’s your favorite time of the month, Paizo fans – more news from the Golem! The first edition of Pathfinder still has plenty of life in it yet, which means today we’re taking a new look at another hot release coming in January. Bust out your bear skins and sharpen your fangs, it’s time to dive into the latest Pathfinder Player Companion!

It’s your favorite time of the month, Paizo fans – more news from the Golem! The first edition of Pathfinder still has plenty of life in it yet, which means today we’re taking a new look at another hot release coming in January. Bust out your bear skins and sharpen your fangs, it’s time to dive into the latest Pathfinder Player Companion!

Pathfinder 1E is still getting new character creation options, which, my goodness, don’t you think there are enough options at chargen? Regardless, primally-powered heroes will enjoy the newest upcoming supplement: Pathfinder Player Companion: Wilderness Origins. It looks like there are new options for the much-maligned shifter, as well as for our floral companions like the leshy, gathlain, and ghoran. What draws my eye the most is the idea of a wildflower witch; that just seems so delightful, and ripe for opportunities for thematic whiplash. Prehensile Hair, I’m looking at you.

Wilderness Origins is the latest in a long line of Player Companion books designed to give you all the options and customizations you need to really make your vision shine. Personally, I’d look at this book as an opportunity to make an entirely plant-based party. Wouldn’t that be a bizarre campaign setting: no meat anywhere! It definitely seems like Paizo heard what can politely be called debate surrounding the shifter class; do you think these updates will address any issues you had with the class? Let us know in the comments!

This article was contributed by Ben Reece (LongGoneWriter) as part of EN World's Columnist (ENWC) program. If you enjoy the daily news and articles from EN World, please consider contributing to our Patreon!

Ben Reece

Ben Reece

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
I was kind of hoping this would include an updated/errata'd version of the shifter class itself, since it doesn't seem likely that there's going to be an reprint of Ultimate Wilderness. Apparently that's not the case?

Remove ads

Remove ads