WotC Monster Art Contest Winner Announced

WotC held a contest back in October to create art of a new monster, the prize being $5000, a visit to WotC, and their monster becoming a miniature. The winner has just been announced as Will Kalkanis, who created the monster below.

WotC held a contest back in October to create art of a new monster, the prize being $5000, a visit to WotC, and their monster becoming a miniature. The winner has just been announced as Will Kalkanis, who created the monster below.

will_kalkanis_grand_prize_winner.jpg

There were also ten runners up which you can see in a slideshow over on SyFy.com. Thanks to Oryzarius for the scoop!

[video=youtube;jdFdOtUuW2Q]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdFdOtUuW2Q[/video]​

Henry

Autoexreginated
That thing is freakin' hideous. Almost reminds me of one of those eyeless cave fish, or a Giger alien.

Mercurius

Legend
Wow. The slideshow makes me think that WotC should pull from fandom more often. My favorite is also the Sweet Daughter...so creepy.

Chronos96

Explorer
Looking through the runner-ups it's obvious why this one was chosen, it has the 5th ed house style feel with the slight brushstroke quality.

dave2008

Legend
I think the 3-headed cyclops dog is my favorite - might have to stat that up. Speaking of which, I know there is to be a mini, but are they going to give this thing stats.

Remove ads

Remove ads