Ulisses Update: Torg is Back; Dark Tides for Wrath & Glory 30 Percent Off!

Greetings Warhammer and Torg Eternity fans and a happy new year to everyone! I hope everyone had a fun and relaxing holiday and may 2019 bring your best RPG adventures yet. We're back with the first news round up the year from the world of Ulisses Spiele North America.

Formerly a West End Games product, Torg Eternity was acquired by Ulisses Spiele in 2016. Following several successful Kickstarter campaigns over the past two years, the game is expanding once again. The Kickstarter for Torg Eternity: The Nile Empire is came to a close in late December, successfully funded at more than 900% over its original goal. It's quite clear that Torg Eternity is well-loved and supported by fans. Soon, players can battle the evil High Lord Mobius and his legion across Africa in this massive game expansion. New adventures, a GM screen, archetypes, a soundtrack and more are coming up with this release.

Two preview pages from the new Torg Eternity: Nile Empire adventure, The Fires of Ra, are available to check out now with the engaging introduction page and a brand new map. In this exciting new adventure, your party of Storm Knights begins with a mission retrieve a magical bow, navigating the treacherous world of a mythical alternate version of Egypt.

Regarding Wrath & Glory, we have some very old news and a couple of new things. The old news is this fantastic comic that teaches you how to play the game. It’s been available via both Warhammer Community and Ulisses North America for several months. For those wishing to dive into the game, it’s an invaluable, fun demonstration of an actual gaming session. The wonderful Dark Tides campaign for Wrath & Glory is discounted by 30% right now on Drive Thru RPG, so if now’s a great time to pick it up if you’re looking for a fun, long-term adventure in the grimdark world of the 41st century. Finally, the physical version of the starter set appears to be available on Amazon for around $50.

2019 is already shaping up to be a fantastic year for Torg Eternity and Wrath of Glory, so stay tuned for even more updates in the coming weeks! Next time, we’ll dive into some Wrath & Glory character creation and later this month, we have a special surprise in store for Torg Eternity.

Contributed by David J. Buck (Nostalgia Ward) as part of the EN World Columnist program. When he isn’t learning to play or writing about RPGs, he can be found on Patreon or Twitter.

David J. Buck

David J. Buck

So, how is Torg overall doing, how is it recieved?
Back in the old days, my old gaming group really loved this game, but their main Torg time was already over, having played through all the adventures already (possibly more than once), and attempts to restart when I was around did never really quite work out. But I still have positive memories of it, and always hoped for a revival.
I am actually a backer, but I did it more for nostalgic and the possibilities (heh), not because it was likely I'd manage to get off a new game with it.

So, how is Torg overall doing, how is it recieved?
Back in the old days, my old gaming group really loved this game, but their main Torg time was already over, having played through all the adventures already (possibly more than once), and attempts to restart when I was around did never really quite work out. But I still have positive memories of it, and always hoped for a revival.
I am actually a backer, but I did it more for nostalgic and the possibilities (heh), not because it was likely I'd manage to get off a new game with it.

I recently spoke with the project lead for Torg Eternity. He says it's doing quite well and that players are liking it. Previously, I had little experience with Torg, but I've been getting heavily into it lately. It's an amazing game, with some fantastic upcoming material.

Hi Nostalgia Ward -- Have you had the opportunity to speak with them about The Dark Eye? Two months ago they were supposed to run a Kickstarter for new books (themed around magic) for that game, then canceled the KS campaign on the morning it was supposed to begin. Since then I haven't heard anything. Would love to get the inside scoop. Thanks

Jer

Legend
Supporter
I recently spoke with the project lead for Torg Eternity. He says it's doing quite well and that players are liking it. Previously, I had little experience with Torg, but I've been getting heavily into it lately. It's an amazing game, with some fantastic upcoming material.

I'm glad that it's doing well for them - my group is enjoying it (when we aren't playing 13th Age).

I'm the only one who played (well, ran actually) original flavor Torg for any length of time though (4 years of a single long running campaign in the 90s) - for most of them it's a completely new game.

I'm very happy with the new system - it has that right mix of nostalgia for the original system and simplification of the rules so that may old man brain can handle the game now. I think if I tried to run OG Torg these days I'd run into rules fatigue...

Hi Nostalgia Ward -- Have you had the opportunity to speak with them about The Dark Eye? Two months ago they were supposed to run a Kickstarter for new books (themed around magic) for that game, then canceled the KS campaign on the morning it was supposed to begin. Since then I haven't heard anything. Would love to get the inside scoop. Thanks

We haven't discussed Dark Eye much, but I'll inquire next time I speak with my contact at Ulisses NA and I'll let you know what they say!

I'm glad that it's doing well for them - my group is enjoying it (when we aren't playing 13th Age).

I'm the only one who played (well, ran actually) original flavor Torg for any length of time though (4 years of a single long running campaign in the 90s) - for most of them it's a completely new game.

I'm very happy with the new system - it has that right mix of nostalgia for the original system and simplification of the rules so that may old man brain can handle the game now. I think if I tried to run OG Torg these days I'd run into rules fatigue...

I never did play the original, but Ulisses pointed me to the series of one-shot adventures that I tried out over the holidays. It definitely pulled me in! It's great to hear your group is having fun with the new version and I'd love to hear some tales from you old and current games. Torg and W&G pulled me out of the D&D rut...but I'm curious about 13th Age. Is that pretty easy to get into?

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases