Top Games Played On FG In 2018: D&D, Pathfinder, Savage Worlds

Fantasy Grounds has sent me over some graphs showing the top games played on its virtual tabletop platform throughout the whole of 2018. Unsurprisingly, the top three are D&D 5th Edition (67%), Pathfinder (12%), and Savage Worlds (5%). These are followed by Starfinder, D&D 3.5, Call of Cthulhu, D&D 4E, Star Wars, then Pathfinder 2. The figures are much the same as we've seen previously, with an increase by Starfinder and the appearance of Pathfinder 2 from July.

image002.png

image004.png

Previous stats: 2016 | 2017

Last edited by a moderator:

Kite474

Explorer
Good to see Savage Worlds is doing alright.

Always a pity to see how bad the rest of the industry is doing though. Despite a new edition those Warhammer numbers are just depressing.

I'm starting to run Horror on the Orient Express next weekend so those Call of Cthulhu numbers are going to increase!

By like 2/month... But an increase none-the-less!

The world needs more Cthulhu I say. Call of Cthulhu that is.

Happy gaming!

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
So for the year it looks like 5e has about a 23% increase, PF has about a 12% decrease, Savage Worlds had about a 5% increase, and Starfinder has about a 8.5% decrease.

dave2008

Legend
So for the year it looks like 5e has about a 23% increase, PF has about a 12% decrease, Savage Worlds had about a 5% increase, and Starfinder has about a 8.5% decrease.

I wonder if, assuming that 5e is truly bringing new people to TTRPG, some of the 5e numbers will eventually lead to a rise in the rest of the numbers as people try other systems.

Also, this has a me little worried for PF. The fact the both the PF and PF2 numbers are going down doesn't seem good. I personally don't play PF, but I think it is a good foil for 5e and hope it able to continue to be a strong competitor.

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
I wonder if, assuming that 5e is truly bringing new people to TTRPG, some of the 5e numbers will eventually lead to a rise in the rest of the numbers as people try other systems.

Also, this has a me little worried for PF. The fact the both the PF and PF2 numbers are going down doesn't seem good. I personally don't play PF, but I think it is a good foil for 5e and hope it able to continue to be a strong competitor.

Woah I hadn't even noticed the PF2 numbers. It dove 62%! What's up with that?

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases