Artificer UA to be released in February

Ash Mantle

Adventurer
WotC has tweeted: "The next Unearthed Arcana will be released in February and will be the Artificer! Thanks for your patience as we take this month to finish it."

What's an artificer? For those unfamiliar, it's a class from Eberron which treats magic like technology.

class-artificer.jpg

Attachments

• class-artificer.jpg
    class-artificer.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 30,383

D

DQDesign

'thanks for your patience'.
Finally they admitted having a release delay. This is a good step towards having a fair approach towards the fan base regarding timing.
However, I really expected having the final thing, not another UA again.

MechaPilot

Explorer
'thanks for your patience'.
Finally they admitted having a release delay. This is a good step towards having a fair approach towards the fan base regarding timing.
However, I really expected having the final thing, not another UA again.

The final thing probably won't come until an update to the wayfarer's guide pdf and/or a physical release of the wayfarer's guide. Those not interested in Eberron will probably have to wait for another Xanathar's-like book to get hold of the final thing.

D

DQDesign

Those not interested in Eberron will probably have to wait for another Xanathar's-like book to get hold of the final thing.
It could be true. It would also be interesting to know if this Xan2 thing is actually one of the planned book of 2019 or not.

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
I have a player in my Eberron game using KibbleTasty's expanded Artificer class that they built up from the previous WotC UA and thus far it works well. The fact that it has like a half-dozen separate subclasses means you have any number of different ways to play one. My player started as a Potionsmith, but due to her family background and the way the game has progressed she wants to get involved with warforging, and there's a subclass for that as well that she can now work on switching over to, the Golemsmith.

KibbleTasty's Artificer 1.6 on GMBinder

Even if/when the official WotC artificer gets released, I don't know that I'll have a need to switch over to it, especially considering it'll probably still only have those two subclasses-- the alchemist and the gunsmith.

Last edited by a moderator:

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases