The Witcher "Easy Mode" Will Be Free On Free RPG Day

The Witcher RPG, which launched in 2018, will have a 24-page "Easy Mode" booklet on Free RPG Day on June 15th.

The Witcher RPG, which launched in 2018, will have a 24-page "Easy Mode" booklet on Free RPG Day on June 15th.

f14aeb0e-37d9-481f-b618-f630d78a3c95.jpg

This year, R. Talsorian Games will be providing The Witcher Tabletop Roleplaying Game: Easy Mode as a give-away for Free RPG Day. This 24-page booklet introduces players to the Interlock system with a simplified version of the rules and comes with pregenerated characters and an adventure, so they can jump right in and explore the dark fantasy world of The Witcher for themselves.

Cool. I'm curious about the game, but from the accounts I've heard, it's a little too rules-heavy for my tastes. Something streamlined and simplified would be fun.

Madmaxneo

Explorer
Cool. I'm curious about the game, but from the accounts I've heard, it's a little too rules-heavy for my tastes. Something streamlined and simplified would be fun.
I have heard nothing about this game cause it seems the only thing people play in my area are either 5e or Pathfinder... I try to run all kinds of RPGs but it is difficult to get people interested at times.
I personally love more crunch in a game and I have played tons of RPGs.

So from your comment I may have to check out this system now.

Topramesk

Explorer
Great news, I love the setting and I think Talsorian really did a great job. I hope this will convince more people to try it out!

Awesome! I don’t have the time nor inclination for megacrunchy rules systems these days, but there are plenty of people that still like them. I quite like the Witcher’s setting, and suspect it’ll translate pretty well to gaming, if they can get the balance right on the Witchers and Mages vs. every other class.

I have heard nothing about this game cause it seems the only thing people play in my area are either 5e or Pathfinder... I try to run all kinds of RPGs but it is difficult to get people interested at times.
I personally love more crunch in a game and I have played tons of RPGs.

So from your comment I may have to check out this system now.

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads