Critical Role Critical Role Goes Independent From Thursday

The most popular RPG livestream in the world, Critical Role, announced last year that they were leaving Geek & Sundry and going it ahead independently. They announced today that this change takes place on Thursday, February 21st.

crit.jpg

Here's the announcement in full.

"Bidet, Critters!

We have a few important updates to share with you regarding Critical Role and Talks Machina. After a long and successful run with Geek & Sundry and Legendary Digital Networks, moving forward, new episodes of Critical Role and Talks Machina will air on Critical Role channels. We are parting as friends and want to thank Geek & Sundry and Legendary Digital Networks for helping us build this amazing audience, and we wish them the best. They have been supportive and collaborative partners, and we are grateful they shared their platforms and a love of role-playing games with us. And while this portion of the journey may be coming to an end, we’ll be cheering for one another. Check out the below for more specifics on where and how to watch.

Without further ado, here’s where you can expect to watch our shows moving forward.

CRITICAL ROLE
Starting Thursday, February 21st, Critical Role will air at 7pm Pacific at twitch.tv/criticalrole. VOD will be available for Critical Role Twitch channel subscribers over the weekend and will be available on the Critical Role YouTube channel at 12pm Pacific on Mondays.

Please note that new Critical Role VODs will be available only on Critical Role channels.

All legacy episodes of Critical Role (the entirety of Campaign 1: Vox Machina and episodes 1 through 51 of Campaign 2: Mighty Nein) will be available via Geek & Sundry’s channels. All new episodes will be available on the Critical Role YouTube channel moving forward. We have created handy YouTube playlists (Vox Machina link || Mighty Nein link) for you so that it’s super easy to find each of our episodes, and the video links have been posted here on critrole.com with viewing opportunities on at least one free-to-view platform. You can also continue to watch new Critical Role and Talks Machina episodes live on Geek & Sundry’s Twitch channel, if that’s where you’re subscribed.

Starting with Campaign 2 Episode 52, the Critical Role podcast will be available through the Critical Role podcast network. The entirety of Campaign 1 and the first 51 episodes of Campaign 2 will remain on the Geek & Sundry podcast network. This means that you will need to subscribe to the new Critical Role podcast feed if you’d like to keep up-to-date with the podcast version of the show.

TALKS MACHINA
Starting Tuesday, February 19 (Episode 100), Talks Machina will air at 7pm Pacific at twitch.tv/criticalrole. Episode 100 will also be available live on Alpha. The VOD for Episode 100 will be available to Geek & Sundry Twitch and Alpha subscribers.

Starting with Episode 101 (2/26/2019), Talks Machina VOD will be available for Critical Role Twitch channel subscribers immediately and will be available on the Critical Role YouTube channel at 12pm Pacific on Thursdays.

In addition to the YouTube upload, Talks Machina (starting with Episode 101) will also be available moving forward in podcast format through the Critical Role podcast network on a one-week delay.

Please note that new Talks Machina VODs (starting with Episode 101) will be available only on Critical Role channels.

Thank you so much for your support, and we love and appreciate each and every one of you!"

AriochQ

Adventurer
Can any critters explain the 'Bidet' greeting? I have run into it before but am not sure of it's origin story and am curious.

Mr. Wilson

Explorer
Episode 60 of the first season, Grog mishears Good day as "Bidet" around the 25 minute mark and it's stuck.

As for the announcement, it was pretty easy to see they were trending this way. They have a large, loyal audience who loves and adores them and they no longer need Geek and Sundry.

akr71

Hero
Ya, I saw a bunch on Twitter too. It takes me the better part of a week to get through an entire episode and living on the east coast, I never watch live.

I can either use my free Prime sub or wait until Monday - no big deal.

robus

Lowcountry Low Roller
Supporter
It’s quite amazing what they’ve accomplished. And I have to say, after trying a couple of other live-streamed shows, this is absolutely the most entertaining. Each episode generally manages to encompass utter hilarity along with moments of depth. It’s a tour-de-force of improvisational storytelling.

I wonder for how long they can sustain it, and for how long the audience will stick with them?

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases