Dan Dillon is D&D's Newest Designer!
  • Dan Dillon is D&D's Newest Designer!

Congratulations to Dan Dillon, who has joined the Wizards of the Coast Dungeons & Dragons team as a game designer. Dan has done a lot of work for Kobold Press' D&D books (you can read an interview with him over at Kobold Press here and one at Tribality here). He's also worked for companies including Paizo, Rogue Genius Games, Total Party Kill Games, and Christina Styles Presents, and works as part of the "Death of the Four Horsemen" design team. More recently he worked on Waterdeep: Dungeon of the Mad Mage for WotC.

Photo from Kobold Press interview
    Comments 39 Comments
      pukunui -
      Who is Dan Dillon again? The name sounds familiar but I can't quite place it ...

Congrats to him, though.
      Zardnaar -
      What has he done/who is he?
      jimmytheccomic -
      He does a lot of Kobold Press stuff- in my opinion, they're the best quality 3rd party publisher, it's the best pool to draw from.
      Zardnaar -
      Quote Originally Posted by jimmytheccomic View Post
      He does a lot of Kobold Press stuff- in my opinion, they're the best quality 3rd party publisher, it's the best pool to draw from.
      Yeah they do great stuff. Just checked credits in the Tome of Beasts, Midgard Heroes Handbook, and Midgard World book. Basicly some of the best 5E material.
      Jester David -
      Love the guy. So happy for him and honestly think WotC is lucky to have him. In addition to every Kobold Press 5e hardcover, he did a lot of Pathfinder work, and was also involved in Dungeon of the Mad Mage.
      maceo -
      Do you think this will mean more products than we have been seeing released?
      smerwin29 -
      Dan Dillon is an incredible RPG mind, a hard worker, passionate about the game and the hobby, and a perfect fit for the position. If you want to see more of his work (or any designers' works), RPGGeek.com is a great site: https://rpggeek.com/rpgdesigner/71499/dan-dillon
      jimmytheccomic -
      Quote Originally Posted by Jester David View Post
      Love the guy. So happy for him and honestly think WotC is lucky to have him. In addition to every Kobold Press 5e hardcover, he did a lot of Pathfinder work, and was also involved in Dungeon of the Mad Mage.
      He wrote the "Shadowdusk Hold" chapter of Mad Mage. We're friendly acquaintances on Facebook- I messaged him when I pulled that chapter out of the book to run it as it's own dungeon, and he had some great insights on it. Agreed that WOTC is lucky to have him.
      Ristamar -
      For those that would like to see Dan's gaming skills in action, he was the DM of The World Tree Burns 5e Midgard campaign on Encounter Roleplay's Twitch channel.

The streams are also available on Encounter Roleplay's Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...e7z47-NC2L0-eP
      Oryzarius -
      What is that thing he's holding? Is it a plush trilobite? And, if so, where can I get one? :-)
      Paragon Lost -
      Big fan of the Kobold Press stuff and have backed some of their Kickstarter's. Christina Styles I've had bad luck with backing one of her Kickstarters. I think that Dan will be a good addition to WotC's crew of creators.
      Dan Dillon -
      That is in fact a plush mantis shrimp, from the Oatmeal.

Also hoo boy. That's... that sure is a picture they chose for this post. o_O
      Ath-kethin -
      What a great opportunity for a super nice guy. I wish him all the best!
      Morrus -
      Quote Originally Posted by Dan Dillon View Post
      That is in fact a plush mantis shrimp, from the Oatmeal.

Also hoo boy. That's... that sure is a picture they chose for this post. o_O
      I nicked it from Kobold Press. Blame Wolfgang!
      BonesMcCoy -
      Oh no! Another white male? I hope he's at least gay.
      Morrus -
      Quote Originally Posted by BonesMcCoy View Post
      *This* is the post you resurfaced after 13 years to make? You don’t need to post in this thread again, I think.
      Dire Bare -
      Quote Originally Posted by BonesMcCoy View Post
      Dude. What is your issue?
      CleverNickName -
      Wow. That was completely uncalled for.

Welcome aboard, Dan!
      Von Ether -
      Congrats Dan!
      Hjorimir -
      Happy for Dan, sad for BonesMcCoy.
    Comments Leave Comment