Sneak Peek At Ghosts of Saltmarsh Maps
  • Sneak Peek At Ghosts of Saltmarsh Maps

Here's a sneak peek at some of the maps to be found in the upcoming D&D Ghosts of Saltmarsh, courtesy of WotC's Twitch stream.

And Dyson Logos, one of the cartographers for the book, has shared some of his work which will be appearing!

Comments 86 Comments
      jasper -
      Jasper is sad. I think I got rid of my old U1 thru U3 modules. Paging Lt. Murr. Paging Lt. Murr to the docks. Your ship is about to leave.
      Those maps do bring back memories.
      gideonpepys -
      I used these adventures in my Zeitgeist campaign. Love them. And those maps bring back memories for me too. I tried to write a fantasy novel when I was 12 - all about life on board a flying ship. Not having any idea of what a ship would look like, I used the map from U1 as the basis for my flying ship which I called (ahem) the 'Sky Ghost'...
      vpuigdoller -
      I love the Saltmarsh map. Very sad they going for the b/w ones again for the interior maps. I know many ppl love them I prefer color.
      Elfcrusher -
      I can't wait for this...

I hope I can talk somebody else in the group into DMing it.
      DEFCON 1 -
      I love how they used the Saltmarsh map that was in 3.5's DMG2 for the town but just aged it back several years. So this way both maps are still valid-- the 5E version for the "Sinister Secret" age, and the 3.5 version for many years later as the city has grown.
      Rhineglade -
      There has always been a soft spot in my heart for this series for several reason. 1, because it was produced by the British version of TSR (and I am an anglophile), 2, it was a cool and simple storyline and 3, I loved the original art work. I am so happy that WotC is releasing an updated 5e version of it. Can't wait!
    1. WaterRabbit -
      These are the same maps from the original module and the DMG2 from v3.5.
      ddaley -
      I want this today!
      guachi -
      Someone posted on this very website these awesome maps. Free. In color.

http://www.enworld.org/forum/showthr...Saltmarsh-MAPS

Took me a small bit of effort to resize them for 1" = 5' but they look great when printed!

I reduced the saturation and increased the brightness so the printed image was lighter as I think it works better when printed.

These are AWESOME maps.

$3 for the U1 PDF and $0 for the color maps
      It's a steal!
      EthanSental -
      I agree, those maps guachi mentions are spectacular! Thanks for sharing the link again and thanks to MichaelArkAngel for creating and sharing them!
      Nebulous -
      Quote Originally Posted by vpuigdoller View Post
      I love the Saltmarsh map. Very sad they going for the b/w ones again for the interior maps. I know many ppl love them I prefer color.
      I'm very, very disappointed in the boring black and white interior maps.
      Gradine -
      I'm very excited. I'm planning on adapting this to Eberron (Q'Barra specifically) in the same vein as Keith Baker's Deepwater concept.
      ddaley -
      I failed my will power save and pre-ordered this just now.
      Parmandur -
      Quote Originally Posted by DEFCON 1 View Post
      I love how they used the Saltmarsh map that was in 3.5's DMG2 for the town but just aged it back several years. So this way both maps are still valid-- the 5E version for the "Sinister Secret" age, and the 3.5 version for many years later as the city has grown.
      Oh, hey, that's cool: they have put a lot of thought and care into this.

I'm glad to see they are following the Waterdeep pattern of a pretty general map, bit clear and clean maps for floorplans.
      Joseph Nardo -
      I must have this book!
      aco175 -
      How come the ocean is on the wrong side to be Sword Coast.
      Barantor -
      Quote Originally Posted by aco175 View Post
      How come the ocean is on the wrong side to be Sword Coast.
      They announced this one was setting agnostic, not Forgotten Realms.
      gweinel -
      So, do we know if the adventures will be like yawning portal (just a quick conversion to 5e) or a larger revamp (like curse Strahd)?
      Gradine -
      Quote Originally Posted by gweinel View Post
      So, do we know if the adventures will be like yawning portal (just a quick conversion to 5e) or a larger revamp (like curse Strahd)?
      From what we've seen, it looks to be something in-between; not nearly the revamp of CoS, but more actual adaptation (rather than conversion) than Yawning Portal.
      Mercurius -
      I love the hand-drawn maps. The fact that they don't look like they were done on a computer or for a video game is a huge plus.
    Comments Leave Comment