Check Out Wayne Reynolds' Pathfinder Bestiary 2 Artwork!
  • Check Out Wayne Reynolds' Pathfinder Bestiary 2 Artwork!

Artist Wayne Reynolds has posted his gorgeous cover art for the upcoming Pathfinder 2E Bestiary!
    Comments 36 Comments
      Kramodlog -
      Kobolds?
      LuisCarlos17f -
      My question is about we will see the Spanish translation of Bestiary 3. I miss the dragons. I can get them in the SRD but when I want to buy books as collector (you may say it is like bibliomania or tsundoku) I want the monsters what appear in my stories.
      Aldarc -
      Quote Originally Posted by Kramodlog View Post
      Kobolds?
      Kobolds.
      Lucas Yew -
      I love those new kobolds' look. Hope the not-far-away future Ancestry book rewards them with petite dragon abilities as feats to make them even cuter...
      oreofox -
      Interesting that they went full dragon with the kobolds. Not a fan of their face shapes, though. Overall, I like this cover. To me, my personal opinion, but I enjoy the art direction of Pathfinder a hell of a lot more than I do the art direction of D&D 5e. Don't get me wrong, the limited pool of artists WotC pulls from are good at what they do, but they are absolutely not aesthetically pleasing to my eyes in the vast majority of cases.

Makes me curious about the rest of the bestiary, and how the kobolds will look if they will include more than just chromatic (imperial, primal, metallic, and the other types in the 6 bestiaries PF1e included).
    1. Wrathamon -
      they look like shark dragon halflings
      Kurviak -
      Quote Originally Posted by LuisCarlos17f View Post
      My question is about we will see the Spanish translation of Bestiary 3. I miss the dragons. I can get them in the SRD but when I want to buy books as collector (you may say it is like bibliomania or tsundoku) I want the monsters what appear in my stories.
      You should ask Devir. They’re the only ones that could answer that question
      Kramodlog -
      Quote Originally Posted by Wrathamon View Post
      they look like shark dragon halflings
      Awesome! Needs more lasers though.
      mach1.9pants -
      I'm not a huge fan of Reynolds because of his triangular feet problem. But those are cute kobolds! How could you kill those cuties? Cos you can't kill goblins now!
      EthanSental -
      I’m with Mach, Reynolds draws feet worse that rob leifeld for various comic companies. Eric Belisle’s art is more my taste for adventure path cover art and character art....great stuff.
      Sadras -
      I absolutely love this artwork. Even though I play 5e I could see myself picking this up for the art, and modifying Pathfinder monster stats to 5e is not difficult.
      Stacie GmrGrl -
      Kobolds of PF2e look like little, humanoid dragons from How to Train a Dragon.
      NaturalZero -
      Kobolds might be the coolest Small PC race, at this point!

PF is a hard sell over 5e for me, but the WAR art is superior.
    1. Olaf the Stout -
      I doubt I'll buy Pathfinder 2E, but WAR certainly draws some fantastic artwork.
    1. Doctor Futurity -
      Love that cover! I like Reynolds work a lot, always been a fan, but never noticed anything weird about the feet; now I will have to look more closely to see what is being referenced by EthanSental. (EDIT: just google searched. What am I looking for? All the feet in his work I see look fine to me.)
      billd91 -
      Quote Originally Posted by EthanSental View Post
      I’m with Mach, Reynolds draws feet worse that rob leifeld for various comic companies.
      I'm sorry, but that does not compute. You have written that which is impossible.
      EthanSental -
      Close... . Looking at google image results for pathfinder iconics, many male and female look like goat leg/feet with shin going into the top bridge of the foot at odd angles.

Leifeld just draws triangles and calls it the day!
      Connorsrpg -
      I LOVE the look of those kobolds. So cool they are the colours of the chromatic dragons in PF too.
      Aldarc -
      I like the look of the new kobolds. It's unique from D&D's design for kobolds while still being clearly inspired by the draconic kobolds of D&D. It just embraces that draconic heritage more explicitly.
      SkidAce -
      My kobolds are still doglike, I am starting to run out of available pics nowadays.
    Comments Leave Comment