GameHole Con Hints At An "As Yet Unannounced Setting" for D&D This Year

Thomas Valley, GameHoleCon's Adventurer's League coordinator, is currently asking for volunteer DMs for the show in November. As part of the post he refers to "The premiere of an Epic event set in as yet unannounced setting" and "The premiere of adventures set in as yet unannounced setting".

54389065_10157392158874644_7953755252908359680_n.jpg

Ravnica was introduced in 2018, and Eberron support was added to the DM's Guild. Other than that, most of the official D&D stuff has all been set in the Forgotten Realms (Curse of Strahd notwithstanding).

This could be a whole new setting; it might just be a region of the Realms.

In related news, WotC's Nathan Stewart tweeted the word "SPELLJAMMER" a week or so back. He has a history of teasing his Twitter followers with hints about settings which - as yet - haven't come to fruition, so take that with as much or as little salt as you wish!

Last edited by a moderator:

It may be Dragonlance because this year is the anniversary, but in my wishlist the main is Dark Sun. (Why not new novels, or comics, to continue the metaplot?). Other option could be Kara-Tur, to create a videogame for Asian players as a hook to get new fans.

Reynard

Legend
It can of course still be Eberron, as there is no Eberron setting announcement so far this year. Ostensibly it should be the next setting, if the Wayfarer's Guide was actually intended to test the waters. It could still be the "PlaneJammer" mashup they have been hinting at for a while, too, I guess.

darjr

I crit!
I’m going and running. Who else is going? Want to do a meetup? Want to be among the first to run official content in this setting?

I wish I knew what it is.

Inchoroi

Adventurer
I'm betting an expansion of Forgotten Realms. Karatur, Al-Qadim, Maztica, something like that. I'm not sure that, despite how vocal those who are into Eberron are, there's enough demand for a full splat book--hell, it could be another Magic: The Gathering Crossover...

Remove ads

Latest threads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases