If Spells and Abilities Were Written How My Players Use Them
  • If Spells and Abilities Were Written How My Players Use Them

SecondBestDnD posted a page over on Reddit which describes how spells like charm person, zone of truth, and abilities like sneak attack and spell slots would be written if they were done so how players actually use them.

Comments 14 Comments
      Zaukrie -
      Good stuff!
      Ralif Redhammer -
      Charm Person should also have a "See also: Persuasion check."
      not-so-newguy -
      I think it’s important for every player to “take a moment to note that this is bulls***”

That’s just mindful roleplaying as far as I’m concerned.
    1. Doctor Futurity -
      LOL just sent a copy to all my players, who will find it totally legit and makes sense.
      doctorbadwolf -
      Stuff like this always just reminds of why I show my player's my appreciation so often, usually by cooking before the game.

Someone has had some garbage players!
      lowkey13 -
      Good, "But I Am A Cleric," can now just be replaced by, "Dude, it's 5e, we take some sort of rest or something."
      Ed Laprade -
      What, that isn't how they're written?
      aco175 -
      It's bull___ if my DM does not let me use it in his game, since it's on the internet and not just made up.
    1. Olaf the Stout -
      This is . It says it was written by Second Best when it is clearly The Best!
      Blue -
      Major Image
      This should make such an awe-inspiring monster swoop in that all of my foes better hope they were wearing brown pants. It's the same level as fireball; the real deal. They should all run away. What, there are no dragons in Waterdeep because of the Ward so they get advantage on their save? This is bull!
      Arnwolf666 -
      That’s what my players handbook says. Isn’t yours the same
      Yunru -
      5E tag needed /snark
      Zardnaar -
      When power words fall. This is BS, clerics are better that spell has no save.
      Vichrae V. -
      if a DM has players that are displaying behavior even close to this, they should feel free to boot them. I can attest that there are many many mature and wonderful players out there. If you can't find any locally, try Roll20 or Fantasy Grounds, etc
    Comments Leave Comment