A Kraken Mini To Go With Your Nautical Adventures This Summer

Wizkids will be releasing a multi-piece gargantuan Kraken miniature (I always laugh when I say "gargantuan" and "miniature" in the same sentence) as part of their Dungeons & Dragons Nolzur’s Marvelous Miniatures line.

kraken.jpg

The miniature contains the creature's main body, plus separate parts for six tentacles, a boat, and a treasure chest. You can pick it up for $24.99 in July.

There was a painted version of this mini released in 2018 as a case incentive for Monster Menagerie III.

Mr. Wilson

Explorer
Not gonna lie, every time I see the 5th editon sea lion headed Kraken, I can't help but wonder why they decided to go with a sea lion as opposed to the traditional squid.

dave2008

Legend
Not gonna lie, every time I see the 5th editon sea lion headed Kraken, I can't help but wonder why they decided to go with a sea lion as opposed to the traditional squid.

I'm the opposite. I am not particularly found of this Kraken mini, but I really like the new design direction in the MM. Giant squids are a thing, I like my krakens to be something a bit more.

Now I also don't think it looks like a sea lion, but maybe that is me.

Blue

Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal
I have a confession to make. When minis of creatures common outside D&D start getting large and expensive, I find that there are well made children's toys for a small fraction of the price. And it's easier to find even larger. The >$100 dragon a bunch of years back really got to me.

I'd really rather see a giant squid mini, because this thing just has an ugly design. The tentacles could be useful though, but again is this the best design they could come up with?

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases