A Kraken Mini To Go With Your Nautical Adventures This Summer
  • A Kraken Mini To Go With Your Nautical Adventures This Summer

Wizkids will be releasing a multi-piece gargantuan Kraken miniature (I always laugh when I say "gargantuan" and "miniature" in the same sentence) as part of their Dungeons & Dragons Nolzur’s Marvelous Miniatures line.

The miniature contains the creature's main body, plus separate parts for six tentacles, a boat, and a treasure chest. You can pick it up for $24.99 in July.

There was a painted version of this mini released in 2018 as a case incentive for Monster Menagerie III.
    Comments 22 Comments
    1. Mr. Wilson -
      Not gonna lie, every time I see the 5th editon sea lion headed Kraken, I can't help but wonder why they decided to go with a sea lion as opposed to the traditional squid.
      dave2008 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Wilson View Post
      Not gonna lie, every time I see the 5th editon sea lion headed Kraken, I can't help but wonder why they decided to go with a sea lion as opposed to the traditional squid.
      I'm the opposite. I am not particularly found of this Kraken mini, but I really like the new design direction in the MM. Giant squids are a thing, I like my krakens to be something a bit more.

Now I also don't think it looks like a sea lion, but maybe that is me.
      jayoungr -
      I love the fact that the tentacles are separate pieces.
      MarkB -
      There's only one traditional Kraken for me.

Blue -
      I have a confession to make. When minis of creatures common outside D&D start getting large and expensive, I find that there are well made children's toys for a small fraction of the price. And it's easier to find even larger. The >$100 dragon a bunch of years back really got to me.
    1. Stereofm -
      Much better Kraken here :
      https://dungeoncrawler.com/dcm/

Only ever need this one
      Imaculata -
      I'd really rather see a giant squid mini, because this thing just has an ugly design. The tentacles could be useful though, but again is this the best design they could come up with?
      CptPhoenix -
      Quote Originally Posted by jayoungr View Post
      I love the fact that the tentacles are separate pieces.
      Me too. I scratch built some tentacles a while ago based off GW's Watcher in the Deep. Even wrote some (free) rules to play tentacles in D&D.
      Nebulous -
      Quote Originally Posted by Stereofm View Post
      Much better Kraken here :
      https://dungeoncrawler.com/dcm/

Only ever need this one
      How much does that one cost
      Dausuul -
      Agreed. I mean, it's an interesting change, but when I see it portrayed like this, it just looks too humanoid. It's the shoulders and the armlike flippers. We already have about six bazillion aquatic humanoid monsters in D&D, I'd rather have the kraken look truly alien.

It's a pity, because the mini is quite nicely done from what I can see.
      Dausuul -
      Quote Originally Posted by Nebulous View Post
      Prepainted:
      Regular tentacle $4
      Large tentacle $12
      Kraken $90

Unpainted:
      Regular tentacle ?? (Cannot find a listing for this one.)
      Large tentacle $9
      Kraken $75

You can also pay $54 to get one from the first batch of minis, which apparently had paint and glue issues, so they're selling them at a discount.
      Nebulous -
      Quote Originally Posted by Dausuul View Post
      Prepainted:
      Regular tentacle $4
      Large tentacle $12
      Kraken $90

Unpainted:
      Regular tentacle ?? (Cannot find a listing for this one.)
      Large tentacle $9
      Kraken $75

You can also pay $54 to get one from the first batch of minis, which apparently had paint and glue issues, so they're selling them at a discount.
      And it is 8x8 inches? That's scary. For $15 more the painted one sure seems worth it.
      Azzy -
      Too much. $75 unpainted, $90 painted.
      Draegn -
      I give unto you an alternative.

He is also a lovely comfort friend to snuggle with in bed.
    1. Stereofm -
      Hi Nebulous,
      The Kraken itself is 54 USD, though I bought a few extra tentacles as well.
      I received it with no problem, and am very happy with it. I have plans for this mini in my Razor Coast campaign
    1. Stereofm -
      @Dausuul
      Strange I don't get the same prices ?
    1. Stereofm -
      Ah damn, Dausuul is right
      however, even the higher price is a good investment, I can attest to the good quality of the mini.
      Tormyr -
      $54-$90 from one with errors to a good one that is pre-painted.
      https://giftedvision.com/store/
      Zardnaar -
      It's a better mini but it's two or three times the price.
      Markh3rd -
      Just get the Reaper one and paint it.

RPR77291 Bones Kraken Miniature Reaper https://www.amazon.com/dp/B010S0SC4C..._iw52CbG1ASV06
    Comments Leave Comment