Yesterday, Kickstarter backers got their copies of TO SLAY A DRAGON for the Pathfinder RPG. Today, the PDF version is available at RPGNow, DriveThruRPG and Paizo. The softcover version will be available very soon. Weighing in at over 140 pages, it's been a while coming - but it's totally worth the wait! [26 comments]
You really should check out the official website. And you should download the 14-page preview.
Holdenshire is a peaceful county. Ruled by Lord Pemberton, the villages of Hengistbury and Thornbury exist in a friendly rivalry.
Winter is over, and Hengistbury is experiencing a warm, dry Spring. The summer county fair is already being organized, the Fair Committee headed as always by Lady Sybill Pemberton, and the village is its usual bustling, cheerful self.
All is not well, however. There have been problems of late! Children have been disappearing into the Weirwood; howls of an unearthly nature have been echoing across the Fogmoor; and Three-Fingered Jake, the county’s itinerant bard, has been speading rumors of treasure and hauntings in the ruins of Brockendale Castle. And that’s not to mention the lizardmen aggression or the bandits upriver!
All this aside, however, tonight is a warm, balmy evening. Many of the villagers are gathered in and outside the Bleeding Heart Tavern (originally called the Beaming Hearth, until some children vandalized the pub’s sign), and any troubles seem far away.
Well, except for that dragon in Skull Mountain.
A PATHFINDER adventure taking characters from 1st-6th level!
[h=Dungeons & Dragons News]3[/h]
- June: In the Works by Bart Carroll -- Convention season is upon us, and we have treats in store for those who venture out to Gen Con. If you can’t make that, though, don’t worry. We also have information about upcoming novels, PDF releases, board game expansions, and more to keep you busy. You’re sure to find something here that tickles your June fancy. [0 comments]
- D&D Encounters: Search for the Diamond Staff
- Gen Con 2013
- Neverwinter MMORPG
- Capcom: Chronicles of Mystara
- DeNA: Arena of War (mobile game)
- The Sundering
- Audio Books
- PDF Store
- Lords of Waterdeep: Skullport
- Into the Pit of Madness #2 by Jason Thompson -- To help celebrate the conclusion of this program, the group tries their hand at the final D&D Lair Assault: Into the Pit of Madness. In this episode, the group moves from Career Faire to Lair Assault.
- Kobold Press has reviewed Jason & The Argonauts from Osprey Publishing.
- Gnome Stew takes a look at All Rolled Up, a dice bag type thing which "contains a large velcro compartment, a large pocket, and four pen size pockets, which then rolls up and ties closed. It has the look of a tool roll."
- 13 NPCs for 13th Age is a blog post with... well, 13 NPCs for 13th Age!
- Over on Critical Hits, Chatty DM goes back over a series of articles that looked back no the stages of his life which led to him becoming an RPG freelancer.
- Campaign Mastery discusses the Seven Strata of Story.
- Morels is a two-player card game of set collection. You must gather matching mushrooms and cook them. The more you have the more you score but some are rarer and score you more points.
- At Gen Con Indy 2013 in Indianapolis, Indiana, Mayfair Games will host a special event bringing fans of Catan, Star Trek and Wil Wheaton together! The Star Trek: Catan Warp Speed Charity Event will take place during Mayfair’s Gen Con Block Party at the Georgia Street Pavilion, Thursday, August 15 at 7:00 pm. To participate, attendees can donate a $100 by purchasing a ticket with all proceeds supporting Big Brothers Big Sisters of Central Indiana.
- Fantasy Flight has announced the Hidden Kingdoms deluxe expansion for Warhammer: Invasion. The expansion will feature Wood Elves, Skaven, Vampires, and Undead. The expansion is expected to release in 3rd Quarter 2013.
- Thirsty Meeples is a brand new boardgame cafe in Oxford, England. "Thirsty Meeples is a board game café. We’re not a café in the regular sense, sure we’ll make you a fantastic coffee and serve up a tasty baguette, but what we’re really all about is sharing the love of board games. You can come to the board game café from morning to midnight and play as many games as you want from our game library. Our food and drink menu is there to keep you refreshed whilst you play!"